1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at these a couple of times now but after the recall was kinda nervous about buying one. I was at the funstore yesterday and the salesman was showing me new things they had got in since the last time I was there. (Yes they know me that well) he asked me if I had saw the newer SR9 since they had changed the trigger on it.

Well I had to see it since I really always liked the feel of the pistol. I decided that I had to give it a try after looking at it. Then they told me the price of it. I knew that I could blow that out of the water so I went to Budsgunshop online and saved about $80. It should be here next week!

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Be sure to let us know how you like it. Are the triggers supposed to be improved now,or just fixed? I was going to buy one before,and when I called in to get a price I learned they were all recalled.:(

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be sure to let us know how you like it. Are the triggers supposed to be improved now,or just fixed? I was going to buy one before,and when I called in to get a price I learned they were all recalled.:(

They have a Glock type trigger on them now. By that I mean the safety on the trigger. However, the trigger pull on them isn't as long. I only messed with one in a store and haven't actually shot one yet though. I will let you know something when I get it

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2 Posts
New member to this forum,

First off, I'd like to say hi to all and must say I'm a forum junkie and you may recognize the name from other forums.....

On subject: I purchased an SR9 when they first came out and actually have a pre-production model that came with CRKT knife; from the start I liked the gun, it was very accurate and just felt right in my hand. The trigger was kinda creepy and gritty but was cleaning up nicely when Ruger did their recall.

One other issue I was having with my pre-production model was a peening problem at the barrel lug. So when I sent mine back for the recall I asked Ruger to also replace the barrel which they did. The entire recall process was totally painless and I got a new barrel, trigger group, magazine, sticker and SR9 hat....

As far as the new trigger group goes; I would have to say it is much improved over the original, less creep, take-up and not gritty at all. Of course the SR9 is what it is; an inexpensive high capacity 9mm and I think worth what Ruger is getting for them...

DS

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is the SR9 a true Glock-type pistol? I see that it has a safety and a 17+1 capacity. For how much are they selling? (I am not looking for the MSRP. I can get that trom a sales brochure.)

Scott

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thanks, kid. I am so broke that I think that I'll be sticking with my Zastava M88. While not a "match" pistol, I think that it should serve its purpose. As long as I get "minute of bad guy" accuracy, The little "baby Tokarev" should fill the bill.

Thanks,

Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.