1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one else check this little guy out I think it would make a good BUG gun and would be more willing to trust it over a Kel Tec

aliber: .380 Auto
Capacity: 6+1 Rounds
Finish: Blued
Grip: Glass-Filled Nylon
Barrel Length: 2.75"
Groove: 6
Twist: 1:16" RH
Overall Length: 5.16"
Weight: 9.4 oz
California Approved: No
Massachusetts Approved: No
Front Sight(s): Fixed
Rear Sight(s): Fixed
Other Features: N/A
Suggested Retail Price: $ 330.00
Miscellaneous: One 6-Round Magazine Included. Available for sale beginning mid-March, 2008.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Got one ordered the first day, don't know how far down the list I am. Seems realistic prices are around $270. They started shipping earlier this week. I fell in love with it at the SHOT Show. Folks are saying it's a KelTec clone. Handle the two side by side, there is no comparison!

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear it will fit the kel tec holsters though .... I ask the Dealer to try to get me one when they come out

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I wouldn't mind having one a few ounces moe in 9mm for a bug and I think I would probably trust one more than a kel-tec also.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
9mm would be nice i sure would trust a ruger over a kel tec

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I read that when it was posted Od its a good read ..

·
Registered
78 Posts
I haven't seen anything to indicate they will be available in stainless. All pocket guns need to be stainless imo. If they make a stainless model, I would get one.

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
I think it looks like a Kel-Tec. Does anyone have one and a Kel-Tec I would be interested to see them side by side.

·
Registered
203 Posts
At the SHOT Show I asked if there would be a 9mm version in the future. The sales rep just smiled and said "we'll see". I agree about the stainless.
Tracy

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Man that thing is almost a copy of the Kel-Tec. Looking at the schematic looks like the barrel is an EXACT copy. I ain't crazy about either tho, both are 380. I ain't crazy about anything less than a 9mm for CCW.
I am currently looking into a snubbie 357 for my CCW.

I have a Kel-Tec PF-9, and it ain't much bigger than the P3A-T.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice lookin' little gun. Nice price. I'm confident that in the coming months we'll see that it outdoes Kel-Tec for longevity, ruggedness and reliability. They'll probably take some market share away from Kel-Tec if this turns out to be. I agree, a slightly larger 9mm version would be much more appealing.

Personally though, I'll stick with my J-frame--like Walt Rauch says, "5 shots FOR SURE"! And of course the .38 +p or .357 mag in mine packs quite a bit more punch.....:biglaugh:

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
Man that thing is almost a copy of the Kel-Tec. Looking at the schematic looks like the barrel is an EXACT copy. I ain't crazy about either tho, both are 380. I ain't crazy about anything less than a 9mm for CCW.
I am currently looking into a snubbie 357 for my CCW.

I have a Kel-Tec PF-9, and it ain't much bigger than the P3A-T.
I normally dont either but when I am going someplace where I have to worry about my pistol ie: I need something really small I carry the Double Tap ammo in 380. It is a Gold Dot tip and flies 1,000fps. Still not a 9mm but it is getting up there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts