1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Ronin 5” 9mm and really like it. Over the years, I have owned two Colt Gold Cup NM 70 series in .45 ACP. I still own one of them. I removed the mag well and Pachmyer grips and put them on the Ronin. I also removed the bump pads from the 45 magazines and put them on the 9mm magazines. I intend to use the Ronin in PPC matches in the stock category and start shooting bowling pin matches next spring. The reduced muzzle flip should really increase speed.
The first semi-automatic handgun I ever owned was a Polish P-35 in 9 mm. I loved shooting it and the Ronin reminds me of shooting it. I still own it, my Father in law brought it back after WW 2. It is in beautiful shape and has the holster and extra magazine. Many people call the P-35 a Radom because that is what is stamped on the slide but that was the city they were manufactured in. Mine is an early Nazi model.
Over the last 8-9 years I have shot many Glock matches, basically because there are a bunch of them around. The Ronin trigger is amazing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice looking Walther p-38. I have never owned one. I almost did about two years ago. It was on consignment at a gun shop where I shoot frequently. I looked at it several times and when I decided to buy it someone else did... Such is life.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That’s an original with matching serial numbers, and original Nazis holster and belt. (And even a few unfired rounds as taken off the Nazis Officer).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a photo of the Polish P-35 that my Father in law brought back. It’s a real shooter. I haven’t shot it in 20 years, but I used to. I was always a revolver guy. I used to call the auto loaders “bottom feeders”.
If you look closely at the holster, just below the magazine pouch there are a couple of red streaks. I always think that it was blood from the German that carried it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts