1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard his son has taken over due to health problems. I hope he is as well or better then Ron was as a Gunsmith. He was a Master Gunsmith at Wilson first. Then started his own company

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
yeah that would make it hard to stand for long times

·
Registered
188 Posts
I wonder what it is that Jared has actually, "taken over". Ron didn't do a whole lot of building there, that's mostly been Jeff, Travis and Jared. Ron's probably got more frequent flyer miles and gas receipts than anyone around. He was doing a lot of PR, parts sourcing, dealer networking and such.

I also wish Ron all the best and a speedy and complete recovery. In my dealings with him he was always thoughtful, patient and personally invested. A gentleman in every way.

·
Texan
49 Posts
That is too bad.

All the best to Ron and his family. Godspeed to a full recovery. I'm sure his son is quite a well established smith himself. According to Ping Jared has been building guns now for a while.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The Plot Thickens

Not only did he take off for hip surgery, but he flew the coop completely! He and several other priciples have bailed out. Ron lit out on his own and is now offering smithing services under his own name.

Marc Stone also no longer appears on the website and I can only guess that Jeff, Travis and Rodney also split. The abandonment of 10-8 and Larry Vickers occuring in the same time (too much of a coincidence) and all this exodus... Makes me wonder what the hell is going on down there and what the future of Nighthawk Custom looks like. Pretty dreary at the moment.:shades:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not only did he take off for hip surgery, but he flew the coop completely! He and several other priciples have bailed out. Ron lit out on his own and is now offering smithing services under his own name.

Marc Stone also no longer appears on the website and I can only guess that Jeff, Travis and Rodney also split. The abandonment of 10-8 and Larry Vickers occuring in the same time (too much of a coincidence) and all this exodus... Makes me wonder what the hell is going on down there and what the future of Nighthawk Custom looks like. Pretty dreary at the moment.:shades:
Agreed Ping,

Perhaps this explains the severely poor quality as of late..... We will see :confused:

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Yup, Was wondering about NHC also. Ron starting his own company is on another site. Tracy

·
Registered
747 Posts
Crazy news! thanks for the info guys. I find this news somewhat upsetting, but I can't really tell you why as there is no way in hell that I can afford a Nighthawk anytime soon. I sure would like one though :wink:.

·
Registered
188 Posts
OK guys. When I'm wrong, I like to be the first to admit it and eat my crow.

Mark, Jared, Jeff, Rodney... are all still there. I don't pretend to know Ron's reasons for leaving, since I haven't spoken with him lately.

It seems that NHC is alive and well and building as many guns as ever. Yes, they have had some QC issues, but all indicates that they are working hard on them and still offering the best customer service in the industry.

For the curious, crow is best prepared with some chinese sweet chili sauce.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Order Placed with Ron

I will simply add that I have placed an order for a new gun with Ron. It was a pleasure to specify the features I like. It was easier to do that with him than with Wilson or NHC. However, I would not hesitate to purchase a gun from NHC should I be nuts enough to buy another 1911.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As with any growing buisness, change is going to happen. Nighthawk has many new items on their website. I have been a coustomer for years, they offer the same build quality and service. Great people.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts