1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a shortage of the Tactical models? Cant find one in the local shops, or one to order. Seems lots have mil-spec, but would like beaver tail to stop hammer bites. Does the Tac model have better trigger group? Thanks in advance.:wink:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Dirk, go to Gun Broker and in the search feature type in Rock Island. The seller Bellshireguns has a few of the full size Tactical models and Compact Tactical models for sale. He is starting the bidding at $425.00 or Buy it Now for $440.00.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks automag! My son had prob with his credit card. So couldnt get that one. He ended up buying a mil-spec Rock today! Was really nice of you to look that up for us. And we really do appreciate it. :flag: They had a compact Rock that had fit and trigger quality of a Kimber, but he just have to have a Goverment model.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RIA Rock and Roll

:flag:Took the milspec to the range today. It was OUTSTANDING! The boy beat me. with using the $1000 Kimber my dad bought. It would eat Winchester Ranger out of the box. And That Hugarian MFS Hollow Point, It didnt like to feed last one of those off the bottom on the magazine. Ate the other like candy. IMO the Blazer Bass is crapo. Rock ate that too, Kimber shoved the bullets back in the case.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I can't readily think of a Rock that has gone back twice,especially not for the same thing. I'm sure one or two have,but I can't remember it off hand. The boys at Advanced Tactical are very very good at double checking over everything when they get a pistol in once. Most people find a few things may have been "cleaned up" above and beyond their expectations if they have to send it in.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Phil at Bellshire is great to deal with. i called him direct, sent a money order on a Friday and my Tactical was at my dealers store on thursday. Highly recommended.:cool:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome uncledud, sounds like you were having real troubles in getting ahold of Tactical, I hate it when that happens to me!! Sometimes you just have to grin and bare it, and then find a way to forge on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.