1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys get your Rock Island 1911 in your local gunstore or do you get them online?I have been watching out for one in my two local gun stores and have yet to see one.By what I have read online they seem to be the best value in the low end price range.So whare do you guys find them?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Butch, check Gun Broker as there are some very good deals there. You can also check with Sarco and Centerfire Systems.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Howdy Butch, like Auto said, I got mine from Gun Brokers.I've never seen a Rock in a store.Although plenty of people have bought them at their local shop. Yes,they are a very good value..............in all qualities.........period. They offer more than on model. The Longslides and Match Grades are very tight,well made,hand fitted instruments,naturally they're a couple of bucks more.But the GI and the Tactical are solid pieces. Good luck in your hunt.

Hey Auto Mag, is Sarco back to selling now??

·
Registered
394 Posts
When I got my GI 38 Super in February, my local dealer was not handling them. 10 minutes on the phone and he had one on the way. My cost thru him was not much more ($25) than buying online with FFL transfer fees. I was satisfied with the price, my local dealer made a few bucks....everyone happy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ask your local dealer to at least order one to ascertain for himself the viability of stocking these fine guns. Generally the price will be close to msjdgman experienced through his dealer. My local dealer matched the price + shipping + $20 fee. After handling mine, he said he will probably order more to have on hand.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just picked one up today at the local sporting good store. Small chain called MC sports. The local gunshop has one in stock too, but wanted $409 instead of the sporting good store price of $399. Seen them on gunbroker going for $375 (including shipping), but tack on the FFL transfer fee and we're up to the same price... and have to wait. I'm one of those who needs instant gratification, I bought it locally.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got mine new from a local pawn/gun shop. The proprietor, a personal friend, told me that he'd ordered it just as a trial and was quite interested in my experience with it. After I told him how well it shot and about the fantastic attitude I've experienced from RIA with regards to customer service, he said he's going to consider ordering and stocking more of them.

The customer service I related especially impressed him. He's sold far too many of another popular brand of pistol which is gaining a reputation for slow, haphazard customer service and repair. RIA's immediate, friendly, knowledgeable and polite service impressed him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.