1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a wierd thing happen today. I had a FTF with my SA GI .45, and as it turned out, the rim of the shell was completely missing. I don`t know how i missed it in loading but obviously I did. The shell was a CCI Blazer Brass. This was the first time I`ve encountered this, and I wondered if anyone else has had this experience?:confused:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
No never have seen one like that can ya get a pic

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I`ll try to get a better photo of this....I took one and the resolutuion was so poor its all blurry.
Here is the best I can do...not the best resolution camera.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
That is pretty wild.. Look like it was made that way or sheared off.. Contact CCi they might hook you up with some ammo

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking of letting them know....I`ve stocked up on Blazer Brass, and since I`ve suppoted them...maybe they`ll support me. I actually hate to think what might have happened had it chambered. With no shoulder to close against???

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Probley not much it would have fired but not extracted new one would have jammed up on the base of it

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Wow I shoot blazer brass and use it for reloading regularly. as it's the cheapest at wally world here, but i have never seen that before. I would let them know and see what they say.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I had a gentleman buy an xd-45 from me yesterday and he came back today complaining that it had jams, turns out he also had a bad batch of blazer brass he picked up. He brought in a rimless case (didnt have a phone on me due to rules at work so no pics) and we comped him a box of shells. Turns out he didnt buy the ammo from us but he did buy 2 XD's from me in 3 days so I guess a box of shells is something the company can handle.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is pretty wild.. Look like it was made that way or sheared off.. Contact CCi they might hook you up with some ammo
I sent CCI an e-mail along with the photo of this Sunday. (And apparently another guy on another forum had a similar situation just the other day). Low and behold when I got home this afternoon to do a little work in my office I had gotten a response from CCI apologizing for the flawed ammo, a statement that they would be passing this along to their production/quality control people, and also an inquiry as to the lot number from my box of ammo. So I obliged and sent the lot number info to them. Just a few minutes ago, I got another reply from CCI again thanking me for my input, and a forthcoming free box of ammo for my trouble.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Very Cool most ammo makers want to know about the problems

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Talk about quick customer service and response time.....I recieved my complimentary box of ammo today by UPS. It`s only been 1 week since I initially corresponded with them. I`m very impressed with CCI`s service.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
It's always good to hear favorable news about a company. Thanks for the follow up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts