1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search for Norinco and couldn't find much.

My local shop has both and I can't decide which I would rather get. Unfortunately, I can't do both! I like the blue finish of the Norinco better than the greenish finish on the RIA.

The RIA seems to have a great reputation but so the Norinco. The price is close enough not to make a difference.

Any suggestions?

:thinking:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I would go with the RIA due to lifetime warranty versus no warranty on the Norinco!! Both are fantastic pistols but the warranty would be my deciding factor.:smile:

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
I had a Norinco. It was a great gun that my gunsmith rebuilt into a limited class IPSC gun. The only problem with the Norinco was the grip bushings. They are not interchangeable with the regular Colt type parts. If you have a grip bushing get buggered up you'll have to tap a new hole in the frame.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, I went with the RIA tacticool. I really just wanted the biggeer sights, but for only $35 you get all the rest. Had to order it so I won't pick it up til next week.

Thanks for all the replies, and shoot safe!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.