1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new here, first time 1911 owner and this forum looked like a good place to start.

I bought a new Rock Island Tactical this week and took it to the farm to shoot. Seems to shoot fine with OK groupings (considering the wind was 30 mph), went through a brick of 50 .45 fmgs without one hitch :cool:, but shots were about a foot left and a foot down from bullseye. Windage seems easy enough to adjust (remove that set-screw with a hex wrench then drift with a punch and hammer, right?), how about elevation? Can anything be done about that?

Also, what are the dimensions of the front and back dovetails? Doing some web searching I come up with .495 x 65 degree rear, .330 x 65 degree x ? (someone know the height on this?) front. Is this correct?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Back again, hello usmcmp and MTICop. I was just looking at sights on championgunsights.com. Are the dovetails cut into the Tactical Novak™ LoMount™ dovetails? Might just upgrade to one of those if so.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The front site dovetail is a 65 degree cut and .335 at the base.

On the newer Tacticals 0.330"/0.329" width front sight dovetail and 0.487"/0.485" rear sight dovetail.

Front sight height is 0.180+0.005"

You did not ask but in case you wanted to know the MIM parts on a Tactical are the slide stop, plunger tube, sear, disconnector and ejector.

Kings Gun Works has sights for the RIA/Armscor pistols as well as Champion Gun Sights.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info, Automag. From the shell casing package it looks like mine was test fired October 2008. Does 0.330/0.329 , 0.487/0.485 mean that the width goes from larger on one side to smaller on the other (or just a range that width falls under)?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Thanks for the info, Automag. From the shell casing package it looks like mine was test fired October 2008. Does 0.330/0.329 , 0.487/0.485 mean that the width goes from larger on one side to smaller on the other (or just a range that width falls under)?
Those dovetail specs are a dimensional range, minimum and maximum!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.