RIA Tactical ll 10mm | 1911 Forums at 1911Talk.com

RIA Tactical ll 10mm

Discussion in 'Armscor/Rock Island Armory' started by DPNM1A, Mar 20, 2016.

1. DPNM1A

DPNM1A New Member

New member here and I wanted to post a couple pics of my only 1911 style pistol. It is a Rock Island Armory Tactical ll in 10mm. I bought it used from a member on a different forum. I really like this pistol! ria 10mm 003b.JPG ria 10mm 001b.JPG

2. winggunner

winggunner New Member

Looks quite nice. I like 10mm. I got a Colt Delta Elite some years back just after they came out. Sorry I ever sold it. Live and learn

3. tsp45acp

tsp45acp Old Sheepdog Forum Supporter

First, Welcome to the forum.

Now it's time to reload.

Congrats on joining both the 1911 club and the 10MM club. Tracy

4. DPNM1A

DPNM1A New Member

winggunner, I hope you sold it to get something different and not because you had to for financial reasons.

tsp45acp, Thank you for the welcome. I have wanted a 1911 style for a while (who doesn't?) and the 10mm intrigued me. It is still relatively new. I seem to have at least one fail to return to battery per range visit. It may need broken in yet.

5. tsp45acp

Is your ftrtb with the same ammo each time? Is it the same mag doing it? First rounds or last rounds or at any time without reason? Could it be limp wristing on occasion? How many rds on the recoil spring (RIA had some issues several years ago with shipping the wrong recoil spring)? Worse case, RIA has a pretty good customer service ......so after 500-1000 rds, if its still acting up give them a chance to make it right.

My Delta had some issues that I just didn't want to spend the time and $$$$$ to figure out and looked to unload it (it was much used and abused when I got it), and my first choice to replace it was with a Rock. Finally decided to bite the bullet.....spend some (a LOT) of $$$$$ and make it right. Long story short----paid $1000 used (new were $1100), had nite sites installed, a fully supported ramped bbl installed, trigger work, and a few other odds and ends for personal likes/taste and now have a $2300 customized gun that will shoot better than my old eyes can see and any nuclear rds I want to put through it. It is now 100% reliable and my edc gun. Good belt and holster make a full size standard wgt 1911 easy to carry and gives a confidence I don't get with any other gun.

6. DPNM1A

DPNM1A New Member

I go to an indoor range and have to use FMJ ammo. The ammo has all been the same as I had purchased 250 rounds. I haven't been using the 10mm much but my son does. I haven't marked the mags as I got 3 with the purchase. I should so I can tell if the ftrtb are with the same mag.

I also got 3 different recoil springs (plus a few other parts/springs) when I bought it. I have tried all 3 springs and I believe I've had occasional ftrtb with all 3. Bad part is the separate bags they were in were not marked as to what poundage they were.

The fails are random, rarely on the first or last shot.

7. tsp45acp

I'd get a new #22, #23, or #24 recoil spring so you know what you have when you start. Then keep track of how many rds and how often it malfs. Then you can make an educated decision if it continues. Also, mark your mags so you can keep track of them too. Tracy

8. DPNM1A

DPNM1A New Member

Thank you for your help Tracy. I marked the mags. I'll look into getting another recoil spring.

9. wag65

wag65 New Member

I have that one, also, except it has the rail under the barrel. Shoots nice!

10. Billinthedesert

Billinthedesert New Member

DPN, I hope you get this issue sorted quickly. I am looking at a very similar RA in 10 mm.