1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with my son the other day. He was considering trading in his Springfield XD9 subcompact for a more easily concealable pistol in .45ACP. He mentioned that the price of the RIA 1911CS Compact at the base PX (Eglin AFB) had jumped by over 30% in the last two weeks before they ran out of them. He wanted to know if the distributor had increased prices. Soooo.... I went to http://www.centerfiresystems.com and discovered that with the exception of the RIA Tactical Target 1911, every pistol they offered is now listed as "Out of Stock: No Backorders." That even includes the bare RIA 1911 frames they offered.

So I'm wondering what's the situation. Has RIA stopped importing until they see what the new President/Congress are going to do? Or are is all of the incoming supply already committed to backordered customers for the foreseeable future? Either way, I'm glad I've got mine even if my son had to settle for a Taurus PT145.

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
a friend of mine just ordered a GI last week.
can't recall what wholesaler though.
(he has an FFL)

I saw several Compact Tacs at the gun shows a couple weeks ago

as far as the political climate, I can't imagine they'd "wait to see" if they could sell 'em now.

I'd guess they can't make 'em fast enough to keep up with demand and they're waiting to fill up that slow boat from Chin...er..the Philippines

Maybe Automag knows sump'um we don't

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have told all my friends, (and by the looks of it, many have done the same) If you ever wanted or thought about getting a gun, better do it now. America is arming its self at an amazing rate. Rock on America, arm up...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.