1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Jackdog, welcome to the forum and congrats on the RIA!!!:welcome::smile:

The RIA pistols will handle the +P ammo without any problems but I would not run a steady diet of +P ammo through any 1911 due to extra force placed on the slide and frame. The cost of +P ammo is also cost prohibitive compared to standard 230 grain FMJ or JHP ammo!!:smile:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jackdog, welcome to the forum and congrats on the RIA!!!:welcome::smile:

The RIA pistols will handle the +P ammo without any problems but I would not run a steady diet of +P ammo through any 1911 due to extra force placed on the slide and frame. The cost of +P ammo is also cost prohibitive compared to standard 230 grain FMJ or JHP ammo!!:smile:
Thanks. No steady diet here just enough to assure function and then a mag for carry. Actually I'm not all that convinced that it is ever going to be a requirement.
I know first hand the devastation that standard military ball ammo causes to the human body. I was the pitcher not the catcher by the way.

·
Trout Bum
66 Posts
Jackdog, good to see you over here. I feed my SA's CCI for practice WWB and they both run clean. No +p for me. I don't see the need.

Now I just need to get an RIA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.