1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been interested in this firearm for some time now but have not been able to find much info on it. What's the current price range? Is $700 good? Are these pistols truely "hand fitted?" Are the slides cast or bar-stock? Any information would be greatly apperciated.

BTW, my first RIA is the 38 Super, what a great gun!

Thanks, Joe
ALLONS!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have been interested in this firearm for some time now but have not been able to find much info on it. What's the current price range? Is $700 good? Are these pistols truely "hand fitted?" Are the slides cast or bar-stock? Any information would be greatly apperciated.

BTW, my first RIA is the 38 Super, what a great gun!

Thanks, Joe
ALLONS!
Joe, the RIA Longslide is a truly hand fitted custom pistol. $700.00 is a great price on it also. The slides are bar-stock by the way. If you order one through Ivan at Armscor you can specify a custom serial number.
Here are my two!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank's for the reply AutoMag. I've read several comments from you and Longslide reference these pistols and they sound great. CenterFire currently has several in stock for $699.99...and one with my name on it. I just get a little nervous when I can't "check it out." I think I'm gonna give Linda a call at CenterFire and have her send it.

Thanks again, Joe
ALLONS!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Good deal Joe, you will really like it. That is a great price by the way!!! Please excuse the picture quality as they were taken before I cleaned them up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AutoMag, those pictures still look great, even if it wasn't "cleaned up." BTW that's exactly what I've been looking for, something that shows a little more detail than what I've been seeing. I called Linda at CenterFire after I posted that last message and it will either go in the mail today or tomorrow. Hopefully my FFL guy will receive the gun Thursday or Friday...can't wait!

Thanks again, Joe
ALLONS!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Joe, I am glad to hear that you have one on the way!!! By the way, pictures do not do it any justice. You really have to actually see it in person to appreciate the workmanship that went into these pistols!!!:smile::smile:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joe, I am glad to hear that you have one on the way!!! By the way, pictures do not do it any justice. You really have to actually see it in person to appreciate the workmanship that went into these pistols!!!:smile::smile:
AutoMag, just wanted to let you know I just got home from picking up my Long Slide. You sure weren't kidding when you said "you really have to see it...," that gun had everyone in the store wanting to handle it. I am amazed at the quality. The slide to frame fit is EXCELLENT! Pulling the slide back is like pulling a hot knife thru butter and the trigger, well it's just as good.

The gun actually came in yesterday but I've been working a 12 hour set of nights and by the time they called I needed to go on in to work. I got off at 6AM this morning, grab about 3 hours sleep and was on the way to E-town to pick her up. You know I've got a TRP and a MC Operator and the quality of fit between frame and slide is equal. I'm gonna ponder this FLGR for disassembly and clean some of the grease off her and maybe tomorrow or Sunday go to the farm or Ft. Knox and see how she does on the range.

I want to thank you again, your recommendation was what "sealed the deal" in helping make up my mind to go on and purchase this gun.

Later, Joe
ALLONS!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Sounds great Joe!!! Congrats on the Longslide once again!! I hope that everything is fine with it on your first range session. If not you know that Ivan , Ray and the crew at Armscor in Nevada will make it right!!!:smile::smile:

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Yup, range report wanted/needed :wink:.

Longslides always get my atention. Surprised Old Lefty hasn't responded. Tracy

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Tracy, old-lefty posted right above yours!!!!:dancingbananna::smile:

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Auto--, That's Longslide--not Old Lefty.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Tracy, old-lefty and Longslide are one and the same!!!:smile:

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
OOPS! Got the forums mixed up. Didn't realize that was him here. Tracy

·
Registered
54 Posts
tsp----Yepers- thats me - old-lefty/longslide!!!! HOWDY!!!:shades::wavey:

AUTOMAG'S RIA LONGSLIDES - The first of their kind! Because they were - are the first of their kind - the techs probably took their time in building them. I remeber when I saw the first pictures he posted. HAD TO HAVE ONE! The second one in now getting a tune up in RIA HQ in Ivan Land.

so - i AM WAITING TO SEE the targets and pictures of the new RIA LONGSLIDE MEMBER!!!!! YIPPY!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AutoMag, sorry it's taken so long to get back to you, this 12 hour rotating shift is kicking my butt. I did get over to Ft. Knox last week and was EXTREMELY impressed with the Long Slide!!! I put about 75 rounds through it with NO problems. It's kind of strange how the slide seems to move so slow, I'll bet I could have set a 5 gallon bucket next to my right foot and every round would have landed in it. Excellent! I get my camera up and running my daughter has said she will educate me on all this picture bussiness.

Thanks again for the advice!

Joe
ALLONS!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Good deal Joe!!! I am glad to hear that it performed well for you!!:smile: Looking forward to some pictures!

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Congrats on your pistola working so well.

Only down side to a longslide is recoil. If you shoot the longslide exclusively/almost exclusively, when you shoot a 5" 1911, the recoil will feel like you're shooting +P/magnums. If you're recoil sensitive (like me---Yup, I'm a sissy), it will take some practice to get back into practice. Tracy

·
Registered
143 Posts
#1. I want a gander at Joe's shooter.
#2. Are they really that different in handling characteristics??
#3. Someone tell me what the poop is on the .45Super.

·
Registered
54 Posts
A longslide does shoot different than a 5in 1911. Heavier so less torgue and lift on the recoil. You can feel the slide cycle - sort of "BOING" sensation.

the 45 super is a 45acp on steriods. Same overall OD demenisions - The shell casing is thicker walls. Higher pressures and faster in MV - higher energy for 230 gr.

I know you could special order one with your own custom serial number - not sure if that is still the case. After seeing Auto Mags LS - I ordered one in Hard Chrome and a parkerized mil spec - the mil spec is in for a tune up - -

1 - 20 of 44 Posts