1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up this morning, I'm very pleased with how it turned out!

Couldn't leave well enough alone and replaced the rear Baer Combat site with a Novak wide notch.
I also had to replace the thumb safety to suit me, it appears they take a standard paddle safety and cut off the extension and on mine, it left a little to sharp of an angle on the end for my tastes. I have a few different styles of safeties laying around so I tried a couple, an original USGI and a factory Colt semi-tear drop. Both worked very positively without any hint of hammer movement, I think I'm going to go with the Colt model. That was the whole point of ordering this pistol with the features it has, I wanted a "Baer tight" *Coltesque* Government Model, IMHO, I think it captures the "feeling" quite well, I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

Many sincere thanks to Les Baer and the employees at Baer Custom, and a special thanks to Crazy John @ Proload.com for working diligently with me on this project, thanks Mi Amigo!.

National Match Hardball
Tactical Carry Package ("Dehorned" Carry Package for us old guys)
Front Night Sight W/Trijicon insert
Arched & checkered MSH

The customary corrugated Baer presentation box;

50 yard target;

Stock with the exception of the Novak's;

With the USGI safety;

And it's final incarnation (I think ;))

· Unemployed
218 Posts
Awesome, Dan. There's something about the simplicity and balance of the "retro" look.

· Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep,that's old-school. :shades:
Yes it is. :biglaugh:

We tried to talk Baer into standard dovetail cut on the rear of the slide so I could use a Yost retro rear sight, couldn't get him to do it though. :bawling:

· Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome, Dan. There's something about the simplicity and balance of the "retro" look.
Thank you, Frank.

I was pretty happy when I opened that brown box. :dancingbananna:

· Premium Member
1,556 Posts
"Presentation box"...:rofl: I like that.

VERY nice pistol OD...definately different...especially for a Baer.

· Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you, Ridge.

· Premium Member
5,072 Posts
That is a beauty OD, very nice.

· Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you, I appreciate that, Boss. ;)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.