1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
I have 2 -1911's that I built using new Essex receivers and National Match parts. I have never seen a 1911 Essex. Only custom built 1911s with Essex receivers. (Ser#'s :724XX & 742XX)
I suspect yours was assembled from Remington Parts and a Essex receiver.

I have heard talk that the Essex receiver is poorly constructed and unreliable, but I have fired in excess of 3500 rounds from the 2 that I own over the last 10 years, without any problems.

· Registered
1 Posts
I too have a 1911 with a 5 digit Essex frame ser# 106xx. Not sure what kind of slide is on it though. I appears to have been scrubbed of everything except a ser# on the left side near the muzzle. The # is 00555086xx. It has been re-marked with 2 tiny eagles similar to the US eagle on the same side just in front of the vertical cocking serrations. It has military style sights.No markings on the barrel though.
Anyone have any ideas?
To correct myself, the barrel has H S stamped on the left side of the toggle frame and a P on the right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.