Remington no Help | 1911 Forums at 1911Talk.com

Remington no Help

Discussion in 'Remington 1911' started by retired2010, Sep 26, 2012.

1. retired2010

retired2010 New Member

I bought a new R1. The gun looked good at first glance. I contacted Rem. about the thumb safety finish. I explained the safety had machine marks that the finish did not cover and could not. I explained that I would pay for a new one but I wanted an extended that would match my finish. I was contacted by a Rem. rep who stated they did not offer an extended safety. I sent them a message that I just saw at local gun shop two Rem. Enhanced that had the extended safety and the finished matched mine. I was Msg. back sorry but they don't sell them. They advised there extended safety had to be fitted from the factory. I was advised any after mart safety would work from other company. This I new!!!!!!!! I was hoping to get one from Rem. so it would match my finish. Rem. has the right to sell or install any parts they put the name Rem. on.[​IMG] It is there loss. I will not consider another Rem. hand gun. I do own five Rem. long guns and could not be happier with them.
    [​IMG]

2. Super Trucker

Super Trucker
    Staff Member Forum Supporter

Be sure to tell them that you are not going to buy anymore of their products.

3. michael t

michael t Member

I never bought one . Just talking to their reps at NRA convention turned me off . To many other companys out their making as good or better .

4. warbird1

warbird1 Active Member

Hate hearing that. I had two that I bought and traded this year. The OD Green version and the stainless. Good weapons however I don't like series 80 triggers.

5. lablover1

lablover1 New Member

Talk to Springfield Armory. Look at a LOADED 45 A1. I just bought a stainless model and love it. Shoots wonderful.