1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought one for my son...sort of an early Christmas present.

Now I want one too...:whistle:

I'll post some pictures within the next couple of days along with a range report after we sight it in...possibly tomorrow.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Hey, I buy gun stuff for my son all the time,and he'll only be two next week. "Honey ,it's not for me,it's an heirloom", right?

Pretty cool though. Let us know how that 7 shoots.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We didn't get to sight it in today....we could not find any scope bases here locally. I'm gonna have to order them from Midway or Cabelas. Warne is the only company that even makes bases for Model 7's these days. Brock did shoot it twice....just to see how it felt...he liked it.

Here it is...

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bases will be here tomorrow...maybe I will have a range report this weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
good pic. I thought in my mind that the 7/700 & 788 were all the same mounts.. What is the difference.???

What scope you putting on it for him??

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you LT...no... the mounts for the 7 are smaller in the rear...the hole for the screws are only about 1/4 of an inch apart...the whole rear base is maybe 5/8 of an inch or so.

He has already put the Nikon 3-9x40 that he had on his 243 on it so I guess we'll let it go at that for now...its a good scope anyway.

The bases came yesterday and I put them on it before I went to work.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Good move. I really like 308 in any platform.
Good upgrade for the guy. I get some flack for it but I never did like the 243.

Flame suit on so all fans blaze away.:bazooka:ME:gun3:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.