Rem R1 Carry | 1911 Forums at 1911Talk.com

Rem R1 Carry

Discussion in 'Remington 1911' started by cedarhill, May 31, 2014.

1. cedarhill

cedarhill New Member

Purchased a Rem R1 Carry Commander today and I can't wait to take it to the range.
    The gun show was packed with people and had many tables. I have wanted one since I saw an article in this month's American Rifleman.

J

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  2. warbird1

warbird1 Active Member

The gun show here was the same way. Couldn't hardly get around. Congrats on a fine firearm. Look forward to a range report.

3. cedarhill

cedarhill New Member

I also have a Sig 227 in 45 and after shooting 9mm for so long it has taken me a couple of weeks to get more shots in the bullseye with the Sig. I am getting better but I expect to do better with the 1911. I have a Kimber in 9mm and I can make holes in the target area with it because the groups are very small. I hope to do that with the Remington.

How is the Ruger in 1911?
    J

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  4. cedarhill

cedarhill New Member

Took out the Remington 1911 R1 Commander and I really enjoyed it and really improved my accuracy. The 45 is certainly more powerful than the 9mm's I have been used to shooting and it feels great. Shot 2 boxes of 50 and there were no problems. My brother really liked it and his accuracy was outstanding. It is certainly a keeper.
    J

5. warbird1

warbird1 Active Member

1911's are just enjoyable to shoot. I have four 1911's and all are outstanding. Had no doubt your new Remington would be outstanding. Happy shooting!

6. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Well, after I foolishly sold my SR 1911, one of these is a the top of my shopping list.
    Lyle

7. cedarhill

cedarhill New Member

Yes, I have gotten much better with my Rem Commander Carry and can't believe that I got such a good price for mine. I see them for $1100 - $1250 at the gun shows and $1295 at Gander Mt. Also saw a used Rem Gov model for $600 at a gun show this past weekend.

8. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Thought I had found a nice example......but then I saw the IDIOT scratch! Seriously? Why? First time I broke down my SR1911, I did it with a utube video...I won't buy from an idiot! Still shopping.
    Lyle

9. Super Trucker

Super Trucker
    Staff Member Forum Supporter

You are going to cut your market down if you want brand new looking at a used price.

As for the "idiot mark", did the person have a problem at a competition and was in a hurry to get it fixed? Does the person have arthritis? Many reasons for that scratch and I personally think it just adds character to the gun. A gun with no marks is usually a safe queen, when you use them they get dirty and have marks on them.
    I would not pay new price for a scratched gun, but I damn sure would buy it if that is all that was wrong with it.

I guess you are just leaving more sales options available for us old timers.

That is my thoughts on the why question asked.

jbaker30 likes this.
  10. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Think I'm looking for a new one anyway. This one had one box of factory rounds through it. He scratched it cleaning it after purchase.
    If you don't "push it home" till its in place, no scratch. As for normal wear and tear on a pistol....I'm all for it.
    The hunt goes on.
    Lyle