1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone!

I am looking to buy my first handgun and after looking at many brands I believe a Fusion my be in my future. Everyone has been telling me I need a reliabilty package done on what ever gun I buy. So if I order a Fusion is that something that is done standard on the guns before they are shipped or is it an additional fee? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Fusions are hand fitted and fired for reliability. I would not worry about it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey Everyone!

I am looking to buy my first handgun and after looking at many brands I believe a Fusion my be in my future. Everyone has been telling me I need a reliabilty package done on what ever gun I buy. So if I order a Fusion is that something that is done standard on the guns before they are shipped or is it an additional fee? Thanks in advance!
The advice you've been given is wrong. Buy a gun, shoot it. Use lots of different ammo and see if you have any problems, if you do, send it in for warranty work or have a good smith do a reliability job on it.

As far as needing to do work on your Fusion ... it's a semi-custom/full-custom high-quality shop. The answer is no.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Exactly....:smile::smile:
We test each pistol with 3 or 4 different ammo's and if you have a special load or bullet geometry you would like to feed you can specify that or send us your ammo and we will make sure it is throated for that.
Let me know if you need any further help,
Thank you,
Bob
Fusion

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mine was partially built by Fusion, and finished by me. It has been 100% reliable out of the box.

Some of the things that Fusion did that contribute most to reliability are the lowered and flared ejection port, Gernerously contoured frame ramp, and throated barrel. Fit of the slide to frame, barrel to slide, and bushing to slide and barrel also contribute highly, as does the fitting of the proper link. All of these things were already done on the Fusion kit that I purchased.

The biggest part that I contributed to reliability was installing a good extractor and tuning it properly.

So you see where most of the credit goes. Not to me, but Fusion.

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
My Fusion Scout 10mm AUTO is one of the most reliable and accurate firearms I own and it is the defensive weapon with me right now. Regarding what Bob posted about working with your custom ammo that is exactly what Bob and Dale did for me. They even posted some teasing photos regarding how much fun they had testing the new gun with my ammo. I currently have over 1000 rounds of a wide varity of ammo fired through the pistol with zero reliability issues. It digests everything I feed it and I trust it with my life.

Frank Parker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.