1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just something (380 or 9mm) that will fit in a pants pocket and not be noticeable.

I got to thinking while I was at work tonight...and realized I didn't have anything like this.

I'm not very familiar with the smallish type pistols so I thought I'd seek some advice.

What I'm looking for is something I can carry at work...they will allow us to have them in our vehicle... but what good is that? I want something small enough to carry on me unnoticed.

What say you?

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I had a Kel-Tec 9mm, and it carried good, but was still heavy for shorts in the summer time. I ended up with a North American Arms 22 magnum pistol and love it.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Mine is a KT p32.
Wish it was bigger but is what I have.

Wife has a 3AT & it is reliable.
Rugers LCP get some mixed reviews as does the 3AT. They are lighter than the NAAs but I dont know that they are as good.

Have a friend that pocket carries a KT PF9 in wrangler front pocket. Prints a little but he is a pretty big guy. Says it is not uncomfortable setting but cant get to it very quick & not at all sitting.

Lots of choices. Bottom line is what suits you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have tried a number of pocket guns for my Back up! Between my son and I we had 3 Kel-tec's, 2 in 32, and 1 in 380 that failed. We now both carry the Ruger LCP .380 as bugs. I added a CT Laser to my LCP. My son likes it so much, he is going to add it to his LCP. The Ruger's appear to be a much sturder gun than the Kel-Tec.

Also: The Blackhawk Pocket Holster that Ruger sells for the LCP is a nifty addition for under $15, it also works with the laser!

Best of Luck!
Rich

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies...keep em coming.

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
call me crazy, but I don't trust any pocket auto

the one on the left is what I put in my pocket holster
BTW, those are my daughter's targets :wink: @21ft)

yea, I know a snubby isn't as thin and dainty as a mouse gun
But they're as bullet proof reliable as it gets.
and that's the name of the game if it's the only gun on you

if I'd of had the coin, I'd of bought the scandium/Titanium S&W in 357mag

http://www.gundealeronline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=163072

a scant 12 oz empty.
My Buck knife that weigh more than that

..L.T.A.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with your train of thought Cap...but its too big for what I need.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
If I have pants on this little Seecamp .32 is in the back pocket:

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have a Ruger LCP and have been very impressed with it. Someone above mentioned the NAA pocket guns. They seem to be very nice, but they are pretty heavy for a pocket piece. Also, I have read reviews about them keyholing (is that the right word?) targets.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Colt Mustang is a great little carry pistol and much like the 1911 except alot smaller. I believe Sig is building something almost identical but don't have a link.
http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProduct.aspx?categoryid=67

Item Number 238-380-B (Contrast) 238-380-BSS (Night Sights)
Caliber .380 ACP (9mm short)
Action Type SAO
Trigger Pull SA 5.0 lbs
Overall Length 5.5 in
Overall Height 3.9 in
Overall Width 1.1 in
Barrel Length 2.7 in
Weight 15.2 oz (no Mag)
Mag Capacity 6 Rounds
MSRP $543.00 - $586.00

Personally I would never buy a SIG. This looks like a nice option = http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/company/company_set.html

A 9mm pocket pistol. next to a J-Frame.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Wow, Sig slipped that one by me. I have never seen or heard of that gun. I like it! As far as the Raurbaugh (spelling?), They are nice but very spendy for what they are. I don't know what they are going for now, but when they were introduced a few years ago, I think they were around $1000.00. Plus, I'm not a fan of the heel magazine release.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Never heard of that Sig either...

I do like the Rohrbaugh...but they are expensive, so far the Ruger LCP is winning. (with Primer's little Seecamp running a close 2nd...neat setup)

Keep the suggestions coming if you have any...

·
Registered
747 Posts
Ridge,

I think you would be happy with the LCP. I really do like mine quite a bit, and the price was good. I paid $300 for it, but you might not find one that low now. Since everyone is making these small guns now, Kel-Tec's can be had for around $250. You might want to look into a P3AT. I would rather have the Ruger, but you may be able to get the Kel-Tec for around $100 cheaper. Taurus is about to come out with the TCP as well, which is their version of the P3AT, or LCP. Pricing should be around $300.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
From what i understand sig bought the mustang equipment from colt and it's identical except for exterior changes like making it look like a sig.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Since I know both of you, I don't want to see or picture either of you without pants on.:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.