1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one. I am having a little trouble finding a site or information concerning current states and reciprocity. Since packing.org is gone, I`m finding my resources have become limited. I will be leaving Michigan for Florida in 2 weeks, and I`m trying to map my route according to where I may carry. My current planned route is Michigan to Indiana to Kentucky to Tennesse, to Georgia, to Florida. Does anyone know for sure which states honor a MI CPL?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I`ve got it.....an old friend of mine, an NRA instructor, provided me with the link to a site that has the info I needed. :dancingbananna:

·
Registered
37 Posts
from traveler's guide to the firearm laws of the fity states (2006 edition) by J Scott Kappas...a must have to carry in your vehicle when you travel.
Reciprocal states for MI
Michigan recognizes all states- EDIT: Resident permits only
Indiana recognizes all states
Kentcuky recognizes all states
Tennesee recognizes all states
Georgia recognizes MI
Florida recognizes MI
also all other states except- MN, NY, NJ.CA,CT,DC,HI,IL,IO,MD,KS,MD,Nebraska,RI

EDIT by Ridgerunner: No offense meant...but this is VERY out of date info...please try to only post up to date info...most of what you have here is still valid...but for the most part, 2 year old reciprocity info is not going to be accurate...these laws are constantly changing.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
The official website of the MI Attorney General...it has the info you are seeking...and it is 100% accurate. Here ya go...
http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,1607,7-164-17334_17362_22672-60639--,00.html

Almost all states have these websites...just "Google" it like this...

Michigan reciprocity...
Tennessee reciprocity....
Florida reciprocity...
etc., etc., etc....hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure about your state, but our state police website has a listing of all state reciprocity. They claim to petition each state w/out it, every six months, to see if they will recognize our permits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts