1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the second kit from Fusion I have done, I hope to do more.
This went easier for me than the first one. Mostly due to being stainless and not having to refinish it.
I found it interesting that some of the parts that required a lot of fitting on the first kit almost dropped in on this one and visa versa.

Anyway I dove into assembeling without snaping photos of the kit it's self. I am waiting on a saftey and extractor and it will be ready to tune.
Total time invested so far about 3 hours.

Edited

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Very Nice VH, those guys at Fusion are really making a name for themselves.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great looking gun. Just out of curiousity. Had you ever built a 1911 before (besides your other Fusion)? How much total investment, tools, etc. Once again, really nice gun.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good so far!!! You'll be an expert in no time!

Thanks for posting:smile:

Dale.
I have some questions but for the most part all is well. I have done many trigger jobs prior to building your kits so assembly and dissasembly I know.
But It's kind of like the kits are so easy I feel like I must not be doing everything that I should.
I am chamfering pin holes and deburring here and there and fitting parts. Other than that the accuracy is great so.....
I would love to know what tricks of the trade I am missing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great looking gun. Just out of curiousity. Had you ever built a 1911 before (besides your other Fusion)? How much total investment, tools, etc. Once again, really nice gun.
Really the only specialty items I have are some nice polishing stones, trigger jig and a chamfering tool Just picked up a sight push tool. But have done sights without it.
I read though that the night sights can be damaged from driving them in.

Please anybody feel free to chime in with advice. I would love to know more.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys,
I don't think the black grips really accent like the Red wood ones but I am happy with them and the way they feel. just need to shoot it now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.