1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering.........
It's no secret to anyone, world over, that gun owners in the US are scrambling to squirrel away ammunition and firearms in the anticipation of what may, or may not be, significant changes to policy governing such things.
Likewise, it is also well known that the economy is in pretty rough shape here. I have my own beliefs as to the cause behind this situation, but don't think it would be received well here, so I won't go beyond making this general statement.
As a lifelong fan of irony, I wonder if those sectors of the economy having to do with the manufacture and sales of firearms and ammunition are not then bucking the trend of a downward economy and, in fact, thriving? Since it looks as though they are selling all they can make, I would have to say shame on them if they're not !!!
Any thoughts? Anyone?

DD

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Tim, you are not off base here. Its the basis of free-market economy. Its supply and demand. There is a demand so the supply is dwindling, which in turn drives up the demand that much more. There is a point in which demand dwindles, and that depends on certain things. One is cost, another is fear whether it be valid or percieved, and then you have necessity.
Necessity sometimes comes out of fear.
You are not off base. They are companies that can make a dollar. They know right now that there is a viable threat to their livelihood, and so does the consumer.
If the consumer is gonna buy no matter the price, why not drive up the price to make that dollar. Not to mention, if their profession is at stake financially, and the consumer is willing to pay the price, why not line your pockets as much as ethically possible.
The end consumer is the one that pays the price, sorry the pun.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Sure. The whole firearms community is in a state of "get what you can while the gettin's good". How many other companies are backed up two months+ on new orders?

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Welcome Rich-D, bring friends.:)

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Hello Rich...Glad you found us.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome Rich-D, bring friends.:)
Jerry, Thanks for the welcome! I certainly intend to do just that!

Ridgerunner665, Long time no see! Thanks for the welcome. I am Happy to see you, and many of my friends and associates from m1911.org in here!

Best of Luck!
Rich

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Welcome to the board, Rich.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to 1911auto Rich I think you will enjoy the laid back style over here!
Welcome to the board, Rich.
HEY!!! Patrick...Dan.....
What am I , chopped liver ?!?!

:wavey:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now that you mention it, I DO remember that.
Funny thing - I have a really good memory.....it's just short.
DD

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Now that you mention it, I DO remember that.
Funny thing - I have a really good memory.....it's just short.
DD
I'm suffering from "oldtimers" too. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Don't worry too much about Tim! He just gets a bit insecure when a better looking guy enters the club!:biglaugh:

Rich
Is that what it is, Rich. :wink:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So you and Tim followed me here......is there no escape?????
Funny.....that's EXACTLY what I said to Rich when we FOUND you here. :biglaugh:
DD

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.