1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Since Od Seems to be on the Heirloom and Brownells Payroll he Talked me into trying this rear sight ..I ordered it up sunday and ran out of work early today so i cut out and it was here..

Now i just need to sight it in to make sure its on ..

I change it onto my Concept 8 i Like the sight picture in handling it now to shoot it

you can see some brass marks from driving it in went in easy till the little last bit

Well since i got going i might as well keep it up changed the Magwell on this one from blued to Stainless and Arched

So then i took the Blued one and put it on the PII and what a bear it was to get the pin back in everything lined up it just didnt want to go past the mid point but its in and it works

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your off by one theres 3 in them pics

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Looks good Bud!

Did you have any trouble R & R'ing them?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was hard to get started moving Red loctite it looked like and then getting into final postion was little tough but only the vary last bit

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So that would be 3/4ths of them OD ... Didnt need to do anything on the Thunder Ranch suppose i could do a magwell.. but i dont have one

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
I can't believe just that little change of mag-wells could improve the looks of the other two.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
So that would be 3/4ths of them OD ... Didnt need to do anything on the Thunder Ranch suppose i could do a magwell.. but i dont have one
:hairpull:
Ah, what WILL you have, 6?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't believe just that little change of mag-wells could improve the looks of the other two.
ya think they look better here is how they were before

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:hairpull:
Ah, what WILL you have, 6?
5 total right now i have 4 in my hands.. i was hoping and i knew it would happen that since i was off early today the other one would come in

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
MUCH better.

Not that they looked bad before, but switching up made a world of difference.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah i Agree i like the looks of the magwell's think the TRS needs one now

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Heirloom has some nice sights, it looks good on there.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya know these pics look even better on the old ladys computer screen .. my laptop is acting up again think hard drive is going

·
Unemployed
218 Posts
Looking good, Bud. You got me thinking that some new sights might be in order. But it is tax time, and projects are starting to stack up in a holding pattern.

Yep, its kinda like putting a bowtie on a Ford. Makes 100% improvement :whistle:
Brian, you've been a good friend, so I'll let that slide.:biggrin::rolleyes::biggrin:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looking good, Bud. You got me thinking that some new sights might be in order. But it is tax time, and projects are starting to stack up in a holding pattern.

Brian, you've been a good friend, so I'll let that slide.:biggrin::rolleyes::biggrin:
I'll have a range report on them tomm as im going shootin

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.