1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1911auto Supporters
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those who serve have made the most significant statement on their nation and the war in Iraq — and American didn’t hear or see it — Pass this along!

Re-enlistment Ceremony--Where was NBC,CBS,ABC & CNN ALSO PBS Here is a reenlistment ceremony from Baghdad . The ceremony was held July 4, 2008 , at Al Faw Palace, Baghdad , Iraq . General Petraeus officiated. Somehow this did not make it into network news broadcasts. Attached are pictures of what is reputedly the 'largest re-enlistment ceremony ever held in military history.'

As usual, the good news goes unreported.
Tremendous re-enlistment in Baghdad ......never made mainstream media...guess it doesn't fit with their reporting of the hollow force, poor morale, etc. For those who have been in the Al Faw Palace you'll have a better estimation of the number of people crammed in the rotunda.
A pizzeria in Chicago donated 2000 pizzas that were made (frozen), shipped on Sunday, arrived in Baghdad Wednesday and were fed to the troops on the 4th. Oh, by the way, the media did report on the 2000 pizzas...just not what they were for.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Shave, Shoe shine, Ship over. Yes that's stuff that will never get reported, sure wish I could buy them all a steak dinner and all they beer they could drink.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Outstanding! See,you're right,I hadn't heard about this at all. To me,this is news that people oughta see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.