1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess my main question in regards to sights is this.

What would be the best sight for someone like me who HUNTS deer (and the occasional hog) with his Razorback?

I want to be able to see the front sight in lower light situations (dawn and dusk) and would LIKE to have a THINNER than normal front sight. The problem with this is that you can really only get THINNER .100" sights in FO and all of the tritium sights are .125" in width (and I've checked Novak, Champion, Dawson , EGW and Fusion). Would a FO sight even help at ALL in low light situations? I know that, as it got lighter outside, the FO would help more and more... but I doubt it would help at ALL in early morning and dusk situations. I don't have a problem seeing my sights in the daytime, btw. Black is fine. I NEED HELP!!

What do you all think?

·
Registered
138 Posts
F.O. front sight

NICK :

The Fiber Optic front sights will collect all the light you need to make them glow in very "low light" situations such as very early or very late legal hunting hours and probably even before and after those legal hunting hours for self defense purposes dont take my word though just start checking around with people you know that have used them if possible.

Good Hunting Buddy
N.D.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NICK :

The Fiber Optic front sights will collect all the light you need to make them glow in very "low light" situations such as very early or very late legal hunting hours and probably even before and after those legal hunting hours for self defense purposes dont take my word though just start checking around with people you know that have used them if possible.

Good Hunting Buddy
N.D.
Thanks for the response. I'm hoping a few others chime in with their experiences, as well, especially from being in the field.

:)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
help! dovetailed front sight self-install

Has anyone installed a different front sight on their 1911? I own a DW Razorback which uses the standard dovetail size of .33" wide x 65 deg x .070" deep x .190" high. The SIGHT I'm going to purchase is .33" x 65 deg x .075" x .190" It doesn't look like it would be too hard. I have a vise, a non-marring punch, hammer, a flat mill file, a Brownell's 65 degree dovetail file and some red locktite. I don't see how hard it could be but I don't want to get halfway through and realize that I can't do it. Is there anything else I need to know? Any places on the site I should start removing metal on FIRST? Are there any roll pins I need to know about? Would DW have the provide these pins or can I get them elsewhere?

Anyone with any experience? I'd like to go ahead and order my new front sight but will hold off if I have to pay someone to do this since I'm low on funds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.