1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We sent my Dad's new BHP to Novak's shop to have the home defense package and new sites installed (basically, a trigger job, reliability package, new sites, etc.). They told us it could be up to 3 months; however it only took a week and half. Anyway, I took the gun to the range this week. I fired two magazines of S&B ammo through it and then replaced the target and fired one test magazine through it at 7 yards...I was impressed.

I think the floater was my fault...:redface:
Anyway, I was very impressed with Novak's work and can't recommend them enough.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
If you can pictures please and nice group.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Here it is before the trip to Novak's. The only external difference now are the new sites. We went with an extra wide rear site and a gold bead front site.

When the gun came back from the Novak's my Dad called to tell me it was back. I said, "what do you think", he said, "looks the same". I reminded him that everything done (polishing of the internal surfaces, removal of mag disconnect, trigger modifications, etc.) would be difficult to tell from the exterior.

You can definitely tell a difference when shooting and I do like the new sites.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Nice looking pistol SP, sounds like you have a real shooter now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.