1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new Fusion (10mm Hunter) last week and due to a busy schedule, yesterday was the first chance I had to get to the range. Drove to the gun club I belong to after work and unloaded my gear, set up targets and got ready to shoot. Fired 10 shots, worrying more about function of my new gun than accuracy. The gun was flawless!!! Cycled smooth, no failures to feed or extract. I was extremely happy!!! While not trying for accuracy, I produced a nice size group but about 4" low. Figured I'd adjust the sights and try again. Realized I left my small screwdriver back in the car. Upon returning to the car I couldn't get in because I had locked the door with my keys sitting on the front seat !!! Must of left them there while unloading the car. Had to call my girlfriend and have her drive 30 min. to bring me my spare key. She wasn't very happy and neither was I. While she was on her way, I packed up my stuff and walked down to the main road to wait for her. I probaby could have shot some more but she was never there before so I had to flag her down so she wouldn't miss the turn. At least I had 2 min. of fun while shooting those 10 shots. Hopefully the next trip goes better and then I'll post pictures.:hairpull:

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
That makes 2 of us. I met a friend on another board last Sat for a sale. When I got out for greetings I did the same thing. Wife sleeps through a train wreck so I called my Mom. She comes w/ another key. Had to drive about 30min too.
I now have on in my ID pac around my neck.
You are in good company.
We will both do better next time.:wink:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After getting a spare key for my wallet, here is the result of my next trip to the range. It's a 12 shot group that looks more like 3 small groups but I'm pleased.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hint: Carry a spare key in your wallet...one just to open the door, not with the full chip on it...Has saved me more than once.....Decided to start doing that when GF and I were held up in the park and the BG took my keys. Fortunately he did just throw them on the ground in front of the car.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
carry mine in my ID pac around my neck since the above incident.

BTW Very Good Shooting.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Nice shooting!!:smile:
What ammo were you using?
Thanks for the post,
Bob
:smile::smile::smile:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is the gun, target and ammo. Its a 10mm longslide with stainless small parts and adjustable novak night sights. The ammo was some of my own reloads. I used Berrys 180gr RS bullets and 8.3g of HS-6 powder. I don't usually use HS-6 but someone gave me a 1 lb can and I wanted to use it up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts