1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the Gunsite Commander that I bought a little over a week ago out to a range session alongside my HK 45C, I am trying to determine which one I'll take to a Gunsite Course next month. After 200 rounds of 4 different company's ammo and 8 different magazines through the Colt, there have been ZERO issues and it points and shoots VERY well. I am still getting used to a commander sized 1911, so my aim can certainly improve. It was interesting shooting the colt side-by-side with my HK, they both perform well but differently. When you factor in the trigger and the ergonomics of the Colt, it is the winner and currently at the top of "which gun should I take to the course" list. Below are some photos, camera shots so pardon the poorer quality. The distance for all of them are about 25 ft. I am trying to decide if I am going to keep the plain black sights or send it in, along with another one of my guns, to Novak and have them put a different set on (any input would be great).
8 Rounds

16 Rounds

24 Rounds

·
Registered
108 Posts
Interestingly I went from a 1911 to a HK USPc 45 and then back to the 1911.
I still think the HK is the "softest shooting" .45 I have ever shot (for its weight) but I prefer to shoot an all steel Combat Commander now. You just can't beat the trigger on a 1911.

The main reason I chose the HK was because it had the same ergonomics of the 1911 just a wider grip and slightly long trigger reach, especially in DA so I carried Cocked & Locked like a 1911. I still have the gun and use it as a "house gun" now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.