Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Totally not gun related,but....

I have drank lots of coffee,been incredibly moody and downright irritable,and eaten lots of candy and popcorn to keep my hands busy but I haven't smoked for four days.

I've also put $5 a day into a coffee can,so I now have twenty bucks that I would've smoked away otherwise. I figure come Christmas next year I'll have about $1800 at this rate...if I can keep it up.

Wish me luck...nasty habit,smoking.

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
Best of luck, amigo!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Good luck Zero, as a 20 year smoker I can tell you that you can double the amount you save becuase the irritation you feel towards everyone and dont act on is worth twice the amount you would have spent on that pack of smokes.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Keep going man and good luck....I will be trying to quit again myself. I was nearly done with the darned things and fell off the wagon late last spring.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Here is another way to save money, that is if you play the lottery!!!

For every dollar spent on a ticket put the same amount in a savings account and see which one makes the most money for you!!!:smile::smile:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good luck Zero, its been about 35 days since I quit cold turkey, Im still a nasty , miserable %[email protected]&^^# but I got about 250$ in my coffee can that I wouldnt have had , It gets easier but I still have cravings pretty bad, You can do it

·
Registered
86 Posts
I went cold turkey on New Year's day and I am still going strong. I like the idea of money in a coffee can......I could get a new toy in just a few months with what I spent on cigarettes.......of course thats provided I don't kill someone before then...LOL!

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't play the lottery. At least when I buy a pack of smokes I'm guaranteed something for my money.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
ZeroTA, I wish you the strength to endure. I smoked for many years - but was finally able to quit. It's been 20 years now, I never went back. Come on down to Bull's Eye next week and breathe in some good 'ole gunsmoke. Shoot me a PM if you can.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I don't play the lottery. At least when I buy a pack of smokes I'm guaranteed something for my money.
Lung problems in the future? If I didn't quit when I did I probably wouldn't be breathing right now. If I were to pick which is better, throwing away money on cigarettes or the lottery, I would say the lottery. My uncle who is a lung cancer survivor would agree with me. With the lottery you CAN hit the big one and win. With cigarettes the big one you can hit is a coffin.

Both are throwing away your money, but I have never heard of anyone dying from the lottery.

I wish you luck, I quit cold turkey and am now suprised I was able to. I was developing lung problems though, when I was your age I had none.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I will say that smoking and the lottery are both very addicting!! I do not do either one!!!:smile::smile:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Good move, neither do I. Since quitting smoking some years ago anyway.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Both my parents smoked while I was growing up and I hated it. Needless to say I never started. I don't pay the poor tax either. (lottery) :smile: I figure you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning while on your honeymoon with Cindy Crawford than hitting the jackpot.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
My father and my grandfather both smoked in the house when I was very small and I had bad aasthma problems. I remember my dad taking me out on the porch many times because I was "smothering" as they called it. I was about 7 or 8 when my grandfather died and my father quit smoking, my problems went away. I didn't learn from that (young and invincible) and started smoking. Some years later my problems came back worse and I had to quit.

Lots of parents used to smoke around their kids and it's a bad move. I didn't smoke around mine when I did.

People should spend their money the way they want though whether it be tobacco or the lottery.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
A great big congratulations to the several of you that have quit.
I did too inthe summer of 1974. One of the best things I ever did.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I quit years ago. Now I only smoke muzzles!

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Not a smoker, but a chewer

Chewed the "skoal" for 28 years. Some say it's more addicting and harder to quit than smokes, don't know for sure but I quit 2 years ago cold turkey. I had a small setback this past hunting season, bought 2 cans, quit again. I won't give up hunting, but man, it's hard being in the woods and not having a chew on me. All of you who have quit and stayed that way I applaud!!:notworthy:

Good luck to all of you!

Dale.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Awesome job! You can do it, just keep busy. Only wish I could say the same for myself...I quit while I was pregnant and then took it back up again afterwards.. :(

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
MzCharlie, shame on you!!!!:nonono::nonono:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.