1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Wow! That sure is a beauty. I'd love to have it. I have a birthday coming up in case anyone is wondering what to get me.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
That's great! I'll drive down and pick it up. We'll do lunch.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
No, I generally stick a little closer to home. I shot IPSC for years at Arnold and Caseyville - until my knee gave out.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No one bought it, but it is now relisted. $1700 seems like a good deal for a like-new 6" RRA 1911 w/ black T finish. I bet that gun was well over $2000 new. I know there are a lot of long slide fans on this forum.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
We are in tough economic times so it's a buyers' market out there. I agree that the gun probably retailed for more than $1,700, but apparently that's not what the public will pay today. This isn't a good time to try and sell anything.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Very nice!!! If the Corvette was not in the shop for repairs:eek: I might have had to jump on that one!!!:smile:

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Except AK 47's. I haven't had any problem selling those.
Firearms that might be banned are the hot commodity. I doubt that single stack 1911's will be outlawed.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Although Rock River makes some fine 1911's, it seems like none of 1911's made by the higher ended makers hold their value very well and a 6" gun is probably not going to have as big of a market due to the length.

I see high end 1911's that sell in the $2K range go used for $1300 to 1400 quite a bit. If the seller reduced his price to $1400 it would probably sell a lot quicker.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.