1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I have right now are regular hand tools, a bench vise, a dremel and a small punch for my AR.

I'm trying to figure out the added cost of buying tools for a build. What else do you think I'll need (types of files / stones) for building one of your easy build kits?

I plan on having Fusion install the plunger tube / ejector and install the sights... and do the trigger job

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey stuck....I'm stuck in NY too... (Rockland)

These builds sure look fun doesn't it ? I'm curious about exactly what tools and price for it as well. Although, I can guess from various "Build" threads, it surely would be nice to be listed some where.....

Wonder if I can google for it... I'll let you know if I find some thing. Mean while, if some one has one or are willing to write a quick one for us, that'll be great too....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey, I'm in Westchester.

We've got to go ventilate some paper some time gentlemen? My Tact-5 is almost done .... if you're nice, I'll let you look at it :wink:

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Looks like we're all stuck in this state!!

Guys, We're all in this together, NY I mean.

As far as tools, for the initial build, you will need files, flat and round - different levels of coarseness, stones - again different types, dental pick comes in handy, punches, small hammer.
For finishing, a belt sander, buffing wheel etc. for the finishing touches.
Files for the sights can be purchased depending on which type - 60 or 65 degree.

Any more questions please ask!!:flag:

Dale.

·
Registered
93 Posts
how about $5 to touch it :nuts:

I'm in Putnam and usually go to the Blue Mtn range. Shoot me a pm next time you're heading to the range
-jeff
The $5 "Door Entry" package gets you a 30 second full grip and a run of your finger around the edge of the mag well.

The $10 "Scout Sniper" package gets you everthing in the Door Entry package plus you can rack the slide once and dry fire.

The $20 "Mercinary's Only" package gets you everything you see above plus two additional dry fires and our trained staff will yell "Bang" every time you pull the trigger for that "real combat" experience. Not recommended for people who are pregnant or have a preexisting heart condition.

Call now for this limited time offer, operators are standing by.

I've never been to Blue Mountain, but have heard good things. Bob says my Fusion ships out before the week is over, so it should be at my FFL early next wait then I've got a two-week wait for my new ID card. I'll hit everyone up with PMs after that and will ventilate some 8.5x11" paper!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys, We're all in this together, NY I mean.

As far as tools, for the initial build, you will need files, flat and round - different levels of coarseness, stones - again different types, dental pick comes in handy, punches, small hammer.
For finishing, a belt sander, buffing wheel etc. for the finishing touches.
Files for the sights can be purchased depending on which type - 60 or 65 degree.

Any more questions please ask!!:flag:

Dale.
Dale: Thanks for the info... much appreciated!

Billy: you better get some pics up when she comes in if you want to charge that kinda cash

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Billy!!!!

C'mon, it's like you're pimping out your new baby!!! $5? $10? $20? It's like she works Chenango St. here in Binghamton. Well, we all have been fondling her here at the shop so we probably owe you some cash!!!

Have fun with your new baby when you get her. Be safe and pics of ragged holes are required!

Dale.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just back from vacation.

Back at work from my 4 day long weekend.

Looks like There is a friendly bunch of NY'ers here. Forgot Fusion is in NY too.

I did some search and couldn't find any good concise info. But it seems like Dale answered for us. I'm surprised that they are all that is required. (although, I'm sure he is listing "must have" and not listing "nice to have" tools.)

I really wish I had the time to build one. Well...I got to get my permit before that...but. (Got to make that finger printing appointment at the sheriff) This will be on my list of "TO-DO", when my kids grow up a bit and I have some decent "ME" time. (It'll compete with bass fishing) Untill then, I'll read and absorb info from forums and books.

Ken.

P.S. Nice photos Billy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.