·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have s.s coming 1/8, will let you know if it keeps up with old blue.:smile:

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
I got to play with one at ye old gun shoppe yesterday,and I was very tempted to part with my money.

The fit and overall quality seemed on par with the PT1911,and I thought the stainless finish was nicely done (for the money). Initial impression was that the extra hundred bucks for stainless would be worth it,just because the blued finish is so crappy.

Taurus triggers are known to be hit-or-miss,but the pull seemed fairly light with a crisp break...better than the trigger on my PT1911,until I had lightened at Gemini Customs.

I think I've got my friend sold on it...he can't decide between that or a Sig 220.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New S.S.

Picked up my new PT1911S.S. Tuesday. Got it home to clean, noticed the right side thumb safety very sloppy and falls out when I changed out the grips to VZ’s. I have a Wilson on order to fix that. Over all fit and finish is nice.

Went to the range to see how see shot, and even though the trigger is not as smooth as my blued PT it wasn’t bad. Was surprise how well it shot, its not a Wilson, Brown or a twenty five hundred gun, but for the price hard to go wrong with. There are some part’s I will change out, or have changed over time just as with my blued one but over all nice.
R.W.P.:flag:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone. I'm new here too. I went today and checked out an RIA Tactical and a Taurus pt1911 ss. They were both solid, but the Taurus felt much better. I was not impressed with the grip safety or the wooden grips on the RIA, and the Taurus felt very good. That will likely be my next purchase.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Let us hear from you when you pick it up, Yankee.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts