1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys.
How do the Ladies in your life shoot. My wife only enough to stay proficient, but that may be moving forward.

My Mom is 77 & loves it. She reminds me on occassion that I have not taken her to the range lately.
She carries 24-7 where legal. Sig 232 in a Galco Miami Classic or Kel-Tec 3AT in pocket.

Here is her last renewal target. Texas require a score if 175 to qualify & 250 is perfect score. This is a 246.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Way to go Mom

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
380 aint a 45, but I'm not gonna piss her off. Way to go Mom. Tracy

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
380 aint a 45, but I'm not gonna piss her off. Way to go Mom. Tracy
She has shot my .45 but at 77 yr old it is just too much for her. Weight & bounce.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Longtooth, I'm proud of her and she's your mom. Outstanding.

·
Registered
394 Posts
That`s great shootin at 77. Congratulations to your mom and you for taking her to the range. I wish we could get my mom to shoot...dads got a Taurus .380 that I know she could handle just fine. But she just doesn`t seem to want to do it.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She is really a nice lady. That is the character of the vast majority of the gun culture. Takes a lot of trying to get on that bad side of her. She always keeps the good side forward.

msjdgman that .380 is an excellent ladies gun. It is Moms caliber in a Sig 232 or a K-T 3AT. She has a PX4 Storm for home & range. If they ever try it once they are usually hooked.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I carry a Sig 232 sometimes as well, and I am telling you, it is a joy to shoot, and extremely accurate. Excellent pistol.
DD

·
1911auto Supporters
149 Posts
I have a 11yr daughter who likes to shoot my 1911-45 so dont ever limit the women the in your life. Let them pick their carry pistol. I started her with 22then move to a Walther PPKS and thought that would be pistol she would like the best, but i was wrong she loves the 1911. The last time she shoot she out shot the guy one the lane next to her and she said something to me. I had the biggest grin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts