1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my brand new PRO a week ago and am now looking at holsters. I'm considering the K&D Dakota Defender and the MTAC but the K&D has a much longer wait time. Will the Kydex of the MTAC affect the finish on my PRO more than the all leather construction of the K&D? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
It willl. I have a PRO CDP & the end of the frome shows the character of carry. (I never call them marks). If yours is stainless it will show far less than the alloy frame of the CDP.
If you are looking for a shorter lead time for a 1911 holster look at the BoomStick & Bluegrass lines that are sponsors of the board.

I have read good reviews on Bluegrass & I own 2 of the BoomSticks.
They are high quality.

·
Registered
747 Posts
longtooth,
I don't think they offer the Springfield Pro in stainless. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as the original post goes, I have no experience with kydex holsters, but I have read extensively that they do inflict "wear" on you gun at a faster rate than other materials. Are you looking for a hip holster, IWB, shoulder, etc.? I would also take longtooth's advice about checking out the brands that he mentioned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My PRO has the black T finish (I think that is the only finish offered). I have been doing some research on other forums and have also found that kydex apparently wears the finish faster than leather. Thanks for your help and I will check out the two holster makers you mentioned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.