1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have one of these? I'm thinking of ordering one to replace the hammer on my DW. What is the quality like; how does it compare to other high-end hammers (like Berryhill)?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I just got a Fusion G.I. style guide rod, and based on that, I'm going to pass on the hammer (again, unless somebody can tell me some good things about it). The guide rod had a very rough finish. Every other one I've seen has had a high polish to it. From the Fusion web page, it looked like their's was bead blased, and that's fine, but this was beyond a bead blast... it looked almost un-finished. The part is not too expensive, so I ordered an EGW stainless G.I. guide rod to replace it. Too bad EGW didn't have them when I ordered the Fusion one (they are brand new this week), or else I would have gone with them from the get go and saved the annoyance.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I love everything about my Fusion longslide but the two piece guide rod was the aesthetic weak point. It was rough and the black coating disappeared quickly. No effect on the guns function or accuracy however. Eventually it will be replaced.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
These hammers are all A2 tool steel from bar stock. You will not find much better on the market. On the Guide Rods.. We do have our Stainless Guide rods available on our website. Guide rods take a beating That is what they were born to do.
Thanks,
Bob
Fusion
:smile::smile:

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
We have about 10 or so hammers listed on our website. You may find something there that fits your needs better.
fusionfirearms.com
Let us know if you need any further help,
Thank you,
Bob

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Damn Bob, There you go with that customer service thing again. How will we all find a way to stray from Fusion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.