1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I found Federal 150's at my local shop today...I don't like Fed 150's much, but they are better than nothing so I bought 2,000.

I have 5000 CCI 300's on backorder...should be available soon.

If you find any, BUY ALL YOU CAN AFFORD...do \I know where any are online??? No...sorry.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
evansguns.com

This is a long drive & I talked to him yesterday. He has everything but small rifle primers. He like every one else can only get a few at a time.

Long drive for you & he limits sales to 2000 per customer so everyone can have some.

No one else in Lufkin has any either.:hairpull:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I take what I can get from Powder Valley. They are swamped, but their customer service is great. :)

Bob

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
I agree that Powder Valley is a great place to order from. However, they are out of stock right now.

Through some extensive web searching I found T @ T Reloading (http://www.tntreloading.com/) where I order 10K primers. I also found 5K from a guy on www.missouricarry.com. That puts me up to the grand total of 34K.

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Many of you may recall back in '93 there was a "Clinton" primer shortage mostly driven by folks who got paranoid over the rumor of a sinister additive that would limit shelf life so they rushed out and bought tens of thousands. Once the hysteria died down the market returned to normal and that has lasted until now. Once whatever hysteria that is driving this shortage is over we will again see the shelves stocked and prices less than $30/1000

Frank

·
Registered
151 Posts
Whatever hysteria there may or may not still be, the fact is I can't find any. I went to a gun show today and they didn't have any there either. One guy had Wolfe small rifle primers and he only had 3,000 of those. He said he has 100,000 on order and was told there was no definite date as to when they would be in.

I guess I picked the wrong time to start learning the reloading process.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I am getting them fairly easy. Last month I bought 10k WLP and 5k of Rem SP. I have another 10K of WLP on the way next week. A little high $130.00 for 5k but I got them. I would share 5k with someone but the shipping is very when you add the $20.00 HAZMAT fee. If someone wants them just let me know as I dont mind sharing if you want to pay the shipping. I would guess it to be around $160.00 shipped. OUTRAGEOUS. Mirando

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
MTICop right now you can pay $80 per thousand on Gunbroker.com plus shipping and get whatever you want right now. Maybe ther aint no hysteria and maybe I am confused in my recollection of the 1993 shortage. Good luck

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thank you very much for the info and I wasn't doubting what you said. I just meant that I couldn't find any at all on the sites I have visited and it's frustrating. I was just getting ready to start this process when the primers dried up and I am not a very patient man when it comes to things of this nature. There are some on the board here that can attest to that.

Thanks again for the information. I don't know if I want to spend that much on primers just yet but I really appreciate you letting me know where I can find them if I decide to.

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
I truly believe this will all calm down and those of us who enjoy the shooting sports will once again have the components we use readily available to us. I am on alert status with several suppliers for SR, SP and LP primers. Hopefully they will be back on shelves soon.

Frank

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
My guy is a local guy who dont ship or deliver. He is a dealer and whenever he gets some he calls. I have 5k of wsp coming also. I will try to help if you want to pay the shipping and haz fee, Mirando

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
I have been in contact with Federal, WInchester and Remington regarding the shortage of ammo and components. They all indicate the shortage is being driven by "unprecedented demand" over the past year or so and that they have all increased production to fill backorders then restore supply.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I just picked up 10K of WLP and 5K of WSP tonight. I have never been out of primers at any time. I will be getting another 20K in a week or so. My source keeps me in stock. Just lucky I guess, MK

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
As of right now I am OK on loaded ammo & components but I sure will not let a good deal get by me if one comes along. I do hope they get production up to damand soon.:flag:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.