New is running 900+ tax in my area... Check gun broker also

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Can't Hurt

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Whittakers has the new ones for $863.99 +20.00 shipping. FFL transfer for me is 5.00. Is the 650. amount before taxes or are there no taxes involved? A couple hundred less than the new ones is not bad really, if taxes are added it goes to about 715. (based on my taxes) still not bad, but no warrandy and used. It's up to you how much more a new gun with warranty is worth and I'm not saying how much is or isn't as that's up to the individual, just tossing numbers out.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
If you can get it for $650 I think that is a great deal. I think DW warranty will transfer also.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
It could very well, but I was thinking the card I had with the cbob 10mm said original owner. I am between dw's right now though so can't check it.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
From the Link on Cz's website to a DW manual i dont see that it has to be original owner only that the warranty is 5 years

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am not real concerned about warranty because I am thinking about adding another barrel to the mix.

Approximately how much do you think it would cost for the parts to add another barrel to the gun to shoot 40 S&W?

Barrel $130ish
Recoil spring $15

Anything else?

In case you are wondering why 40, it's because I have 40 brass out the wazoo. :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
From the Link on Cz's website to a DW manual i dont see that it has to be original owner only that the warranty is 5 years
You are right, but it says the conditions are stated in the warranty card.

USA is the only warranty station in the USA for all current CZ products shown on these web pages. CZ-USA provides 5 years warranty and ALL CONDITIONS ARE STATED IN THE WARRANTY CARD that accompanies every CZ firearm sold. Allow us 4-6 weeks for processing time of the warranty repair.

The following steps are required to place a warranty claim on your CZ:

• In every case it is mandatory that you call our service department at 1-800-955-4486 before you ship the gun to CZ-USA.
• You describe the nature of your complaint to our gunsmith which determines whether your gun requires either warranty or paid repair.

FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL RESULT IN THE RETURN OF YOUR FIREARM AT YOUR EXPENSE.
All shipments to be sent to: CZ-USA, 3327 N 7th Street, Kansas City, KS 66115
Feel free to contact directly our master gunsmith Mike for more details at
[email protected]

In case that you qualify for warranty repair, the service department will issue Manufacturer’s Return Authorization number.

this number must appear on the shipping label
your address and telephone number must appear on the shipping label
the copy of your sales receipt or ATF form 4473 must accompany the firearm
include a detailed explanation of the problem
your firearm must be unloaded
the firearm must be properly packaged
do not send U.S. mail, use UPS, FEDEX, DHL or a similar carrier which is able to provide you a tracking number for the shipment

http://www.czusa.com/support_warranty.php

I am not real concerned about warranty because I am thinking about adding another barrel to the mix.
Then it just boils down to looks and function.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Ok let me go get my paper work i dont think there was a card just manual with my 3 back in a few

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I knew that about the CZ-DW's but I think the Serva guns are warrentied for life. Anyway I have read a lot of posts on another forum where they take the older guns a warranty them for free with only shipping paid.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I guess it doesn't really matter anyway as the original poster said he did not care much about the warranty.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
No warrenty card with mine just the exact stuff from the manual on there website

and it does say every CZ now yes my CZ had a warranty card but none came with my 3 DW's

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
The dw's are cz's, the serial number even starts with cz. Just a line of cz's now.

Here is dw's warranty prior to cz.

Warranty Policy

Dan Wesson Firearms/NYI Corporation
Limited Lifetime Warranty

Dan Wesson Corp. warrants to the ORIGINAL PURCHASER that this product will be free of manufacturer’s defects. If the product should become defective we will elect to repair or replace it free of charge. Include a check or money order in the amount of $20.00 payable to Dan Wesson Corporation for return shipping and handling.

This warranty does not include damage from accidents, misuse, improper (other than original high quality commercially manufactured) ammunition. Also normal wear and finish quality are not warranted.

This warranty gives you specific rights; you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.

Note: This warranty is not valid for revolvers plated or coated by other manufacturers, gunsmiths or dealers.

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cach...+dan+wesson+warranty&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
OK, I know we are getting off topic but this is interesting. Here is the warranty statement from the dw support manual and it DOESN'T say anything about it beint non transferrable, but there is something interesting in it anyway. Who can see what it is?

Limited Warranty
LIMITED FIVE-YEAR WARRANTY
Dan Wesson Firearms, a part of CZ-USA, are
warranted to be free from defects in material
and workmanship for (1) year on wooden
parts and surface treatment and five (5) years
on other parts. Any such defect of which Dan
Wesson Firearms is given written notice as
provided below within one year and ten days
from the date of first purchase by a customer
will be remedied by Dan Wesson Firearms
without notice.
This warranty is granted by Dan Wesson
Firearms, 5169 State Highway 12, Norwich,
New York 13815. Warranty claims (in writing)
and the firearm concerned should be
directed (transportation charges prepaid), to
the Warranty Service Department, Dan
Wesson Firearms, 5169 State Highway 12,
Norwich, NY 13815.
Warranty claims should state the model and
serial number of the gun concerned, a
description of the difficulty experienced, and
the date of purchase. It is recommended that
shipment be insured by owner, since Dan
Wesson Firearms will accept no responsibility
for loss or damage in transit.
Under no circumstances shall Dan Wesson
Firearms or CZ-USA be responsible for
Incidental or consequential damages with
respect to economic loss or injury to property,
whether as a result of breach of
expressed or implied warranty, negligence
or otherwise.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or
limitation of incidental or consequential damages,
so the above limitation may not apply to
you. Dan Wesson Firearms or CZ-USA will
not be responsible for the results of careless
handling, unauthorized adjustments, defective,
low quality, reloaded or improper ammunition,
corrosion, neglect, ordinary wear and
tear, or unreasonable use.
Furthermore, the liability of Dan Wesson
Firearms and CZ-USA under this warranty
shall be limited solely to the obligation to
replace or repair the firearm
This warranty gives you specific legal rights,
and you may also have other rights, which
vary from state to state.
PLEASE NOTE: Handguns and long guns are
classified as FIREARMS or DANGEROUS
WEAPONS. Guns are surrendered by Dan
Wesson Firearms with the express understanding
that is assumes no responsibility for
re-sale handling under local laws and regulations.
Dan Wesson Firearms a part of CZ-USA

http://www.czusa.com/data/downloads/support_manuals/Dan Wesson.pdf

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Any such defect of which Dan
Wesson Firearms is given written notice as
provided below within one year and ten days
from the date of first purchase by a customer
will be remedied by Dan Wesson Firearms
without notice.

I find that part of the statement weird

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I know they are CZ's Jerry but im telling ya no card

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Extremely weird. It sounds you have to find any defect within 1 year and 10 days for it to be covered within the 5 year period. Kind of like if you find a fault that is not actually putting it out of specs and it fails later on, then it's covered. If not it is not.

When I get the cbob paid off I am going over it like a hawk and call them on anything i see that could be a problem in the future.

Could Be, I thought the cbob had one but I really don't remember. I could be wrong. The warranty is stated in the dw manual but not the cz manuals so that may be why the cards with the cz's and not with the dw's.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
That was my take on it to but that is weird

1 - 20 of 27 Posts