Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jerry added this subsection but no sticky for pic's I'll Start out

I'll have to get a pic of my 22 Ruger Pistol soon

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Here are my 22 pistols!!!

Llama XV in 22LR.

RIA frame fitted to an Advantage Arms Target Model conversion kit in 22LR.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I love High Standards too. I need to take more pictures, but here's one...my Victor:

Walther TPh

[
Another Walther, a PPK-L .22 (the "L" is for "lightweight"- alloy frame):

And, the sad tale. A Winchester 52B Sporter.

It's a sad tale because it's a "real" one, made in 1948, not one of the recent Japanese made ones. Someone drilled and tapped it for the scope that's on there now (B&L BalVar), and it has additional holes from a previous base. Collectors would have heart attacks.
But it cost less than a Kimber or similar, and I think is at least as nice.
At least I don't mind taking it out and shooting it like I might a pristne one.

There are some more goodies but I don't have postable pictures.

·
Forum Supporters
51 Posts
Set my grandson up with a Ruger MK II stainless bull.
I bought a "second" 1911 frame from OlympicArms and built it up to this:

The 2 buckmarks are 'routine' and unremarkable--except for their triggers, which are sweet

·
Registered
160 Posts
Maybe this thread inspired me, but I had a therapeutic .22 session this morning before shooting the carry guns.
I shot my High Standard Flite King (.22 short), S&W 63 kitgun, and one of the Browning takedown .22 Autos.

That was fun, and I'll have to do that more often. Except for the occasional offhand practice off the deck with the supressed 77-22, I've been shooting just my carry guns. Been that way for a few years now.
A little fun shooting now and then is good for a guy.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Barry, I have had my eye on an Amphibian which is a supressed Ruger Mark II. Still waiting on the funds though!!!:smile::smile:
AWC Amphibian S Ruger MKII .22

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would like to have one of them myself

·
Registered
160 Posts
I get a LOT of use out of the supressed rifle. I honestly bought it just as plaything, but I use it more often that anything.
I "need" a pistol, or a .22 can. An integrally supressed gun is usually a little quieter, but a can is more versatile.

If you get one, remember- It seems like most people who get a supressed .22 go through more .22 ammo in the first year than they have in the past several years combined.

·
Forum Supporter
141 Posts
Here are a couple of mine:

I have others in various stages of building...

·
Registered
26 Posts
a couple of mine

first my current fav. ruger 10/22 in a tapco stock with volquartsen muzzle weighted barrel and a red dot

then my ruger mkIII bull barrel

got a couple others but no pics

Travis

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.