1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got this awhile back and haven't had a lot of time to shoot It. The fit and finish is excellent on par with my Baers .. but not as tight These 3 DW's i have are the best fitted and finish Production pistols i have seen ..

As you see this gun was profaned at the Factory with a Guide Rod why haven't i replaced it yet you ask well i forgot to order the Gi plug and Guide rod Stub.

The Mags actually worked well compare to the old mags but still don't think i would bother with them

I really like the ED Brown Grip safety only thing this gun really needs is a Ambi Safety .. I might not change this trigger out i like this one better than a Round Swiss Cheese Trigger

So far at about 120 rounds its been close to flawless just 1 jam and that was very first mag very first round..

Here are todays Target Pic 16 rounds 15 yards.

Not bad for not shooting in almost a month but not my best one of the guys i was shooting with did better but he shoots every other day

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I wish they would come out with a version with fixed sights and no fcs like the razorback but in .45. It would be on my list for sure.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I wouldn't mind one Like that either

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I'm sure the pointman is a fine gun and I could live with the fcs, but I am not a fan of bomar sights at all.

A bobtailed one with fixed sights would be sweet.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
All personal preference i dont mind adjustables

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Yea, it's personal preference. I don't keep target guns, they must be carry ready for me. That's the reason I sold the p220 super match. I like it a lot but I like something I can grab and carry AND range shoot.

OF course I have to put enough though them to trust them but I focus more on carry at this stage. I used to focus more on range until my health started going south. I still shoot range, don't get me wrong, but more for keeping proficient with them as I can't last long any more for health reasons.

I agree with you that the fit and finish on the dw's is better than production standards and tightness a little below the baers. The only production gun that is tighter than the dw's are the sig's, they are VERY close to baers.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Adjustable would be better if they were beveled

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Maybe I coud warm up to bomar's that were carry beveled, but there are no decent fixed sights that will fit in bomar cuts in my opinion.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Good shooting Bud, 16 rounds offhand make that pistol a really sweet gun, You are not half bad on the range Bud. I like Bo-Mars but don't like blk on blk sights. I have a hard time to seeing my A zone. Must be a senior moment lol

I got this awhile back and haven't had a lot of time to shoot It. The fit and finish is excellent on par with my Baers .. but not as tight These 3 DW's i have are the best fitted and finish Production pistols i have seen ..

As you see this gun was profaned at the Factory with a Guide Rod why haven't i replaced it yet you ask well i forgot to order the Gi plug and Guide rod Stub.

The Mags actually worked well compare to the old mags but still don't think i would bother with them

I really like the ED Brown Grip safety only thing this gun really needs is a Ambi Safety .. I might not change this trigger out i like this one better than a Round Swiss Cheese Trigger

So far at about 120 rounds its been close to flawless just 1 jam and that was very first mag very first round..

Here are todays Target Pic 16 rounds 15 yards.

Not bad for not shooting in almost a month but not my best one of the guys i was shooting with did better but he shoots every other day

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks Vic

·
Registered
327 Posts
As you see this gun was profaned at the Factory with a Guide Rod
I got no problems using mine.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I can't Stand FLGR's

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I replace any flgr, except of an oacp with the reverse plug setup, with a gi one. I see no benefit whatsoever, just more of a pain breaking it down.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I just use a nylon bushing wrench. No problem.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I don't like FLGR, those that do, do. Thats fine, but I like the ability of taking the gun completely apart without a single tool.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Maybe I coud warm up to bomar's that were carry beveled, but there are no decent fixed sights that will fit in bomar cuts in my opinion.
Did you see the new Bomar cut rear sight from Harrison Custom? It is only windage adjustable, and is smoothed out for carry. I have one of the first batch (just came out this month) being put on by EGW.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm unfamiliar with the abbreviation FCS, I assume it is for front slide serrations? I would like to have my 1911's without them, and did contact one manufacturer who said they would leave them out for an extra $85, a good trade in my book.

I like my CBOB very much.
Glen

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Sorry I missed this thread Bud, great lookin' pistol and some fine shooting. :wink:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Thanks OD

1 - 20 of 20 Posts