1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got this awhile back and haven't had a lot of time to shoot It. The fit and finish is excellent on par with my Baers .. but not as tight These 3 DW's i have are the best fitted and finish Production pistols i have seen ..

As you see this gun was profaned at the Factory with a Guide Rod why haven't i replaced it yet you ask well i forgot to order the Gi plug and Guide rod Stub.

The Mags actually worked well compare to the old mags but still don't think i would bother with them

I really like the ED Brown Grip safety only thing this gun really needs is a Ambi Safety .. I might not change this trigger out i like this one better than a Round Swiss Cheese Trigger

So far at about 120 rounds its been close to flawless just 1 jam and that was very first mag very first round..

Here are todays Target Pic 16 rounds 15 yards.

Not bad for not shooting in almost a month but not my best one of the guys i was shooting with did better but he shoots every other day

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I wish they would come out with a version with fixed sights and no fcs like the razorback but in .45. It would be on my list for sure.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I'm sure the pointman is a fine gun and I could live with the fcs, but I am not a fan of bomar sights at all.

A bobtailed one with fixed sights would be sweet.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Yea, it's personal preference. I don't keep target guns, they must be carry ready for me. That's the reason I sold the p220 super match. I like it a lot but I like something I can grab and carry AND range shoot.

OF course I have to put enough though them to trust them but I focus more on carry at this stage. I used to focus more on range until my health started going south. I still shoot range, don't get me wrong, but more for keeping proficient with them as I can't last long any more for health reasons.

I agree with you that the fit and finish on the dw's is better than production standards and tightness a little below the baers. The only production gun that is tighter than the dw's are the sig's, they are VERY close to baers.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Maybe I coud warm up to bomar's that were carry beveled, but there are no decent fixed sights that will fit in bomar cuts in my opinion.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Good shooting Bud, 16 rounds offhand make that pistol a really sweet gun, You are not half bad on the range Bud. I like Bo-Mars but don't like blk on blk sights. I have a hard time to seeing my A zone. Must be a senior moment lol

I got this awhile back and haven't had a lot of time to shoot It. The fit and finish is excellent on par with my Baers .. but not as tight These 3 DW's i have are the best fitted and finish Production pistols i have seen ..

As you see this gun was profaned at the Factory with a Guide Rod why haven't i replaced it yet you ask well i forgot to order the Gi plug and Guide rod Stub.

The Mags actually worked well compare to the old mags but still don't think i would bother with them

I really like the ED Brown Grip safety only thing this gun really needs is a Ambi Safety .. I might not change this trigger out i like this one better than a Round Swiss Cheese Trigger

So far at about 120 rounds its been close to flawless just 1 jam and that was very first mag very first round..

Here are todays Target Pic 16 rounds 15 yards.

Not bad for not shooting in almost a month but not my best one of the guys i was shooting with did better but he shoots every other day

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I replace any flgr, except of an oacp with the reverse plug setup, with a gi one. I see no benefit whatsoever, just more of a pain breaking it down.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I don't like FLGR, those that do, do. Thats fine, but I like the ability of taking the gun completely apart without a single tool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm unfamiliar with the abbreviation FCS, I assume it is for front slide serrations? I would like to have my 1911's without them, and did contact one manufacturer who said they would leave them out for an extra $85, a good trade in my book.

I like my CBOB very much.
Glen

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Sorry I missed this thread Bud, great lookin' pistol and some fine shooting. :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.