1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
281 - 300 of 330 Posts

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
my '76 model 70 series less than 100 rounds through it
Welcome to the forum.

Beautiful.......how did you have the willpower to stop at 100 rds?

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Beautiful.......how did you have the willpower to stop at 100 rds?
thank you for the welcome, my grandfather gave it to me and you can guess how the boys felt papa giving this nice pistol to a girl, they were really upset. My grandfather told me it had less than a box of ammo through it and I added a box myself. I do plan more boxes going down range but I am very careful with it.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
thank you for the welcome, my grandfather gave it to me and you can guess how the boys felt papa giving this nice pistol to a girl, they were really upset. My grandfather told me it had less than a box of ammo through it and I added a box myself. I do plan more boxes going down range but I am very careful with it.

Not of the same "emotional" attachment, but my wife's Colt Special Combat (see my sig line) has over 10K rds thru it. It is in Colt's Royal Blue, most beautiful bluing there is IMO, the gun has been shot, but never abused.....it does not have ONE scratch on it. The nite sites say '95 on the them and they're getting dim. We want to sent it back, but it would just crush us to get it back with ANY marks on it. I know I can get it re-finished in in Royal Blue again, but I want that to have to hapeen because I DID SOMETHING, not the "company" putting a mark on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not of the same "emotional" attachment, but my wife's Colt Special Combat (see my sig line) has over 10K rds thru it. It is in Colt's Royal Blue, most beautiful bluing there is IMO, the gun has been shot, but never abused.....it does not have ONE scratch on it. The nite sites say '95 on the them and they're getting dim. We want to sent it back, but it would just crush us to get it back with ANY marks on it. I know I can get it re-finished in in Royal Blue again, but I want that to have to hapeen because I DID SOMETHING, not the "company" putting a mark on it.
LOVE the colt royal blue, if you send it in you have nothing to worry about, it will return the same way you sent it, if you send it to be re-royal blued it will return to you perfect. I would love to see a picture of it if you have one available.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
LOVE the colt royal blue, if you send it in you have nothing to worry about, it will return the same way you sent it, if you send it to be re-royal blued it will return to you perfect. I would love to see a picture of it if you have one available.

I'm a dinosaur. We got a new digital camera recently, but I don't have a clue how to use it or post pics........but I'm hoping to make into the "cro-magnum" era in the future.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here is a Delta Elite Stainless with TX4GUNS grips. Most of the parts are Ed Brown. The slide stop is Grieder which I know some people don't like. The sights are Heine night sights. I forget about the trigger but I think it also is Ed Brown. I'd have to check the list. The finish is matte all over with polished slide flats.
I'm new to this forum and new to 1911 (in fact mine is on order)
Can I ask a dumb question?
Are some of the parts interchangeable between manufactures.. For example Ed Brown as everyone knows makes fine 1911's, so is it possible like you elude to in your past that a Colts 1911 can be upgrades with Ed Brown parts to make " the best of all worlds 1911"?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm new to this forum and new to 1911 (in fact mine is on order)
Can I ask a dumb question?
Are some of the parts interchangeable between manufactures.. For example Ed Brown as everyone knows makes fine 1911's, so is it possible like you elude to in your past that a Colts 1911 can be upgrades with Ed Brown parts to make " the best of all worlds 1911"?

I've used many of Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, Cylinder & Slide replacement parts to repair/upgrade a variety of 1911 brands, like Colt, Springfield Armory, Rock Island Armory etc.

Reactions: smcrea

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
I love my Colt .45........it's a Stainless steel Mark IV Gov't model

Well it won't upload my picture...?
Welcome to the forum......

I love my Colt's too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've used many of Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, Cylinder & Slide replacement parts to repair/upgrade a variety of 1911 brands, like Colt, Springfield Armory, Rock Island Armory etc.
Can anyone think of any must have modifications to an off the shelf Colt O1070XSE?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Can anyone think of any must have modifications to an off the shelf Colt O1070XSE?

Thanks for the help!
Must have? No, not really. Perhaps a trigger and controls to best fit your hand... and sights to best suit your eyes if needed, but truth be told, those are only needed if your hands and eyes are "out of spec".

C

281 - 300 of 330 Posts