1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feast your eyes upon her boys, she's all mine.

She looks a lot like Tim's build posted only yesterday - there are some minor differences though. Spec's to follow after the pictures:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay ... so let's go over what she is:

GENERAL
  • Fusion Tact-5 (Government size with rail)
  • Chambered in .40S&W (my favorite round and cheaper to shoot than .45)

SLIDE
  • Ion-Bond DLC on slide and all small part except barrel
  • Novak low-mount fixed rear night sight
  • XS big-ass white dot with tritium insert front sight.
  • Wide rear cocking serrations
  • No front cocking serrations
  • Flattened and serrated top-of-slide
  • Flush cut barrel
  • Flush cut slide stop pin
  • GI style guide-rod (not pictured)

FRAME
  • Ion-Bond DLC on frame and all small parts
  • Checkered front and back straps
  • Mag-Well
  • Undercut trigger guard
  • Single-sided thumb safety
  • VZ Grips (not sure of style, can't find on their website)

I'm happy as a pig in poop with the way this turned out and I can't wait to throw some jacketed lead down range. Unfortunately, here in NYS, once my FFL receives the gun (which ships out today/tomorrow) he has to submit the serial number to the county who then have to make me up a new ID card and send it to me before I can take possession. Approximate wait time is 2 weeks.

This is what is waiting for that time:

Anyone wanting to see pics of the build as it progressed, you've got the slideshow:
http://www.half-lime.com/billyng/2009/fusion/?action=slideshow

The flash-based thumbnail view (roll over the "Thumbnail" tab on the bottom of the page):
http://www.half-lime.com/billyng/2009/fusion/?action=talbum

And the old-fashioned method:
http://www.half-lime.com/billyng/2009/fusion/

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
We all had a really great time working with Billy on this project. It is more than just building a pistol for us at Fusion, it is building the relationships and friendships that make the Fusion Family so special and fun for us all.:smile:
We thank you all for your support and Billy for having us build this great piece for him! :smile::smile:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bob, as soon as it hits my FFL ... I'm sure the pleasure will be all mine :biggrin:

It was great working with you on this too. She came out EXACTLY as I'd hoped she would ... and a few things came out even better.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm jealous... uh I mean envious. That's a sweet piece man... the DLC looks perfect and those grips are totally unique
Yeah you know, when I started this I had my eyes set on the triple-A grade red cocobolo grips that adorn most of the pistols on the Fusion website. And don't get me wrong, they looked fabulous on the gun. But I had seen some VZ grips around here recently and asked Bob if he had any that he could put up against my beauty and these were so unique I had to say yes to them.

Cool story:
I have a gun-loving coworker who does his own machining and wood-working in his garage. This man LOVES mating good steel and good wood. Spent 3 weeks staining, fine sanding, and eventually sealing a stock he bought for his Ruger 10/22 ... if I remember correctly when it was all done he had 23 coats of stain in this stock (just to give you an idea of how anal he is).

When I told him two days ago that I was considering having Bob put VZ grips on my gun (which are not wood) .... he got all upset and said that I cannot RUIN a quality gun like that by putting anything other than fine wood on it. This morning I showed him the final pictures and he says:

"Damn, that's hot - I would have chosen those too".
:rofl:

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Now that Billy's gun is done....

I can let my hands get all beat up again. He really liked the pictures with my hands in them. (alittle too much if you ask me!).
Bob is right. We have made so many friends in this business. Every pistol order is a chance to meet and interact with someone and develop a relationship. Billy's project has been fun!!:dancingbananna:
Hope to meet you face to face someday. Until then enjoy your new Baby!!

Dale.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
The fancy serrations were the first we have done like that, so from now until the end of time they will be called the BnG Fancy top serrations in Honor of Billy's New Fusion Tact-5!!:smile::smile::smile:

·
Registered
85 Posts
That is one hot 1911, kinda gets a guy to thinkin'; congrats. :dancingbananna:

Bob :notworthy:

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Beautiful firearm. If you can't go 10mm then its offspring, the 40S&W, is the next best thing. I'll bet it shoots as good as it looks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.