1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new STI Legacy earlier this week. I'll tell you, these guys know how to build a 1911. I'm very impressed with the overall quality of the parts as well as the PVD finish on it, which is dark gray in color. Overall its a very attractive 1911 with no front cocking serrations. I think I'm starting to prefer that. Excellent trigger and overall feel as well as a very smooth slide. I also have the STI Trojan, so this is my second, but should be a good deal better than the Trojan, as its one of STIs best single stacks.

http://www.stiguns.com/guns/Legacy/Legacy.html

Anyway, enjoy the pics.

I now have a very small family of STIs and here's the family pic.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Very nice!!!! Congrats on a very fine 1911!!:smile::smile:

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Looks good, congratulations.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Veryniice bac, I do like those cocking serrations (as opposed to the very wide ones) and the no fcs on the legacy better.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Veryniice bac, I do like those cocking serrations (as opposed to the very wide ones) and the no fcs on the legacy better.
Thanks.

Its one of few STIs that I truely like the looks of. I don't care for those wide front and rear serrations.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Very nice... Who makes the Rear sight ? At the gun shop today we were looking at the STI Catalog and someone asked about the Sight

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice... Who makes the Rear sight ? At the gun shop today we were looking at the STI Catalog and someone asked about the Sight
They're STI front and rear sights. Its called the STI tactical adjustable sight, or STI T.A.S. for short. They give a good picture.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I share your fondness for the Legacy. Mine has proven reliable and accurate as well as a good looking 1911 type pistol (my opinion only, of course) and is one that has definitely found a permanent home.

Hope you continue to enjoy yours for decades to come.

If they might be of use, here are some observations on the Legacy:

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/Comparing the STI Trojan and Legacy.htm

Best.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
, Stephen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts