1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides my back-up SHTF case of Federal NATO,I'm down to 250 rounds of .45. That's the lowest I've been in years,but ammo prices keep me from buying by the case from Natchez like I used to. I don't like it,being this low...

Still got about 2,000+ rounds of 9mm left though. I might have to run that dry before I load up on .45 again.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
have to roll your own ammo

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should,really. I've got about 2000 .45 brass empties sitting here. But,I have to get a reloading set-up,and take the time to do it. Time's the big thing really. I don't hardly have enough time to shoot the ammo I've got,much less make my own.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
get a progressive and once ya get going ya can roll 100 every 10-15 mins

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
get a progressive and once ya get going ya can roll 100 every 10-15 mins
Bud, you can crank out 100 rounds in 7 minutes without breaking a sweat!

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Thats my answer. Now that I reload I don't even worry. When bullets are on sale I stockpile. Otherwise range brass is good enough.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Bud, you can crank out 100 rounds in 7 minutes without breaking a sweat!
Got to remember im not using a Dillon but that crappy hornaday so have to add time in to unjam it and other stuff

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
I rolled 1000 rounds of .45 today, that should hold me maybe 2 month's. Everytime I shoot I go thru about 150 rounds.I was shooting 2 times a week but I intend to increase that to 3 times a week.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
I am just starting to reload my .45's but I load up about 500 rounds of .357 sig every week. Then I go shoot them :)
Redmonster13, you are really saving a lot of money reloading .357sig! :dancingbananna: Can you tell us your reloading recipe and what press you're using?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Right now I am loading 8.1g of unique under a 124g jfp hornady and using cci small primers. It is an over max load so if you are gonna try it work up from 7.5g. I load on a lee pro 1000 and a lee single stage. I cant seem to get the bullets to seat straight in the progressive so I do that in the single stage and then factory crimp back in the progressive.

I dont have a chrono so I'm not sure what the velocity is but from a rest my groups are about 1.5 inch at 25 yds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts