1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a chance to shoot one once, The trigger was a little strange at first, but once I got past that, I shot quite well with it.
What's been your experience?

G

·
I just don't like it. No problems with it, I just don't really care for it because I have trouble making the transition from SA to LDA, and I'm not really a fan of Para guns. Other than that, though, no complaints. The gun I shot ran fine with everything I put through it. I can't even find a single fault that doesn't begin with "I just don't really like the...."

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
In my experience it works great...but its not for me, I like a short pull.
A friend has a 7.45 and really likes it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i consider the feel of LDA more like super light, tuned DA trigger on revolver.
Indeed its odd first, but once you get use to it, its easy to stage, and very light.
Now, I'd buy one myself if trigger isn't soo damn far out there. Me with small hand can't reach trigger and maintain the proper grip at the same time!

·
Registered
37 Posts
mity 2, I agree feels like nice revolver, still like the SA of a 1911 better, just personal preference.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I liked it, on my two LDAs the trigger was the least of my issues, I had a CCW LDA, what I didn't like on that was the abbreviated beaver tail, I like to shoot my guns, and after 3 or 4 mags, the abbreviated tang started beating the hell out of my hand.

I also had a P14-45 NiteTac LDA, that was a keeper, wait, I think I sold that to buy the CCW LDA.:confused::confused:

I still prefer the single action guns, but if for some reason (PD mandates DAO etc) you need a DAO gun, I'd give the LDA a try.

The comments comparing it to a slick revolver sound about right, it's probably the best out of the box DAO trigger I've ever felt.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My editor came down for a visit (Hawkmoon from m1911.org) and let me shoot his Para LDA. It took me a magazine to get the feel of the trigger. I did not hate it but it was different. I was impressed of the pull though, much better than any other double action auto loader.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a C7.45 and love the LDA trigger. Of course, I don't love it as much as my 1911 "perfect" triggers, but I would choose an LDA trigger over any non-1911 trigger in a semi-auto pistol. Most of my Smith revolver triggers are equal or better than the LDA trigger.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've had an LDA 14.45 for a while and its ok as far as the trigger and accuracy. I tried to sell it on consignment for a year at the local shop and couldn't get a bite so I picked it back up. Then I got a smokin' deal on a new C7.45 and I like that as well. I've known guys and heard of guys who have had trouble with Para Ordnances but mine run just fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a C7.45 and love the LDA trigger. Of course, I don't love it as much as my 1911 "perfect" triggers, but I would choose an LDA trigger over any non-1911 trigger in a semi-auto pistol. Most of my Smith revolver triggers are equal or better than the LDA trigger.
Good way to put it. Not as good as as single action, but vastly superior to striker fired and DA/SA or DAO.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good feedback here.

But, this is a little like asking a hooker if she likes to kiss.

Explanation: Hookers don't kiss. Diehard 1911 guys don't DA.

I'ma diehard 1911 guy AND, I love to kiss. Go figure.

There is nothing in the shooting world better than a crisp, SA trigger. That's a fact.

There are 1911 clones offering DA triggers. That's a fact, too.

Of all the 1911s, which offer a DA trigger, the LDA is my personal favorite.

Once shown a little love, they can be... if not wonderful, at least pleasurable. They will never be SA. But, they may have their place.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Good feedback here.

But, this is a little like asking a hooker if she likes to kiss.

Explanation: Hookers don't kiss. Diehard 1911 guys don't DA.

I'ma diehard 1911 guy AND, I love to kiss. Go figure.

There is nothing in the shooting world better than a crisp, SA trigger. That's a fact.

There are 1911 clones offering DA triggers. That's a fact, too.

Of all the 1911s, which offer a DA trigger, the LDA is my personal favorite.

Once shown a little love, they can be... if not wonderful, at least pleasurable. They will never be SA. But, they may have their place.
Ping Ping - :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: You are about half crazy!!! Your post has me grinning like the fool I am. Can't sneak up on anybody for awhile. My cover's blown!!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I was playing with a carry 9 with the LDA trigger while I was at the range today. I really think I like the LDA and I am considering the carry 9 as my next purchase.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 2 lda's my wife shoots 1 and i carry the other. They shoot really well. You have to get use to the trigger. you can stage it for precision shots. We have a limited lda and a 3 inch cco model thats the one i carry sometimes. Only down side to it is its a little heavy to carry so i usually carry a airweight s&w

·
Registered
1 Posts
PARA Carry 9 LDA

I took my Carry 9 to the range for the first time last week and ran 100 rounds of WWB through it. I personally like the feel of the LDA. This will be my carry weapon. No hammer to snag.
Woodeagle:flag:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I never handled one before I took my CCW class. One of the instructors is a 1911 fan and he and I spent a lot of time chewing the fat. He likes the LDA and went home during the lunch break just to bring back his LDA for me to try. While it is better than any other auto with a DA trigger, it is a drastic change from the smooth SA feel of a 1911 (the best feature of the 1911 design IMHO). He also mentioned he not too fond of detail stripping his LDA (and he is a S&W and Glock armorer for our county's sheriff's dept). If I ever HAD to carry a DA gun, the PARA LDA would be at the top of my list, but I don't... so cocked and locked is how I roll. :shades:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree with a lot of you, I do like the LDA very nice pull good for carry which I do carry my LDAs. But for target shooting I prefer the SA.

I liked it, on my two LDAs the trigger was the least of my issues, I had a CCW LDA, what I didn't like on that was the abbreviated beaver tail, I like to shoot my guns, and after 3 or 4 mags, the abbreviated tang started beating the hell out of my hand.
Yeah I am honestly not much for the bobbed grip safeties myself. I have two older C7.45S Which are pretty much the same thing as the CCW except they are older, dont have the PXT and have the full beaver tail safety.

I've had an LDA 14.45 for a while and its ok as far as the trigger and accuracy. I tried to sell it on consignment for a year at the local shop and couldn't get a bite so I picked it back up. Then I got a smokin' deal on a new C7.45 and I like that as well. I've known guys and heard of guys who have had trouble with Para Ordnances but mine run just fine.
As I have stated in other posts, I have 5 Para pistols, a P14.45S Single Action, A PX9.38S (Pretty pearl grips went bye bye so did that polished finish) two of the C7.45 noted above and My most recent purchase was the Carry 9 for my o'lady to shoot (till she shot my BBQ grill) Never really had any problems with any of them. I don't know what trouble people run into with these but I haven't had any.

·
Registered
5 Posts
better late than never, i've got several para's, all with the LDA, all work great, and all shoot great, i think the trigger argument is kinda dumb. you pick it up you shoot it. nothing hard to it. i don't compare a para trigger with my wilson or sig,. it's a different gun..

it's just my opinion but just go shoot as much as possible. maybe my low I.Q. allows me to pick up any gun with any trigger and out shoot all the thinking people. (not trying to start a fight here, honest)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts