1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
A lot of the "old" crowd didn't use dusktails... in fact with the size of my hands, I never used one and I made a point of putting 1911 hammers on the pistols so they wouldn't get "Borrowed". They bit..

In fact if you want the truth, in the early days of IPSC, we pinned our grip safeties. My first 3 competition pistols never had a working grip safety. But then that was when we understood safety. We also used Mike Horne's SNick holsters. Very tricky if you didn't take the time to learn to use them properly, but very FAST. IN Chuck's "Turkey Shoot" that we had every year at the beginning of holiday season, you faced a old IPSC item target (steel plate) at 7 yards. You started with hands hovering. Don't ask the fact times... the SA "quick Draw" shooters went down in flames every year. I loved Cooper, but he wasn't perfect, I never warmed up to the Bren Ten nor the Scout rifle. Funny how Ruger only took 30 years on that one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.