1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally went to the gunshop and put down my deposit on an LCP. I think I'm around #5 on their waiting list, and they said that they are being shipped about 1 or two a week. Hopefully that speeds up a bit. I have been wanting one (lcp) since they came out. Since they sell so fast, I have never actually seen one in person, but in pictures they look much more refined (fit and finish) than the Kel-Tec. I hope the same is true in person. I would love to hear from any one who either has one, wants one, or has handled one. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Haven't held one myself, but I wish you all of the best in your purchase. These are a great idea, and seem as if they are an "updating" of the old "Baby" Brownings, but in a larger, lighter and more effective caliber/package! All the best of fortune and God's blessings to you, Brother!

Scott

·
Registered
135 Posts
It has been said that, "The proof of the pudding is in the eating." Perhaps we'll both be satisfied, and can enjoy our 'treats' together! *wink*

Scott

·
Registered
54 Posts
I handled 4 so far at the store. I hear the "their better finished" than a KT. I have 3 Kel Tec. all passed 500 rounds long ago . I wouldn't trade any one of them for the LCP .
Kel Tec rip off. Looks don't matter , I want it to work and they(Ruger) still sorting out problems that 1st Gen KT guns had. I belive their on 3 mag mod. . Selling for $269 here KT a little cheaper and Ill stick with them.
Sorry I just don't buy because Ruger name on side . The copied KT but made it prettier is worth the extra money..
My P3AT, loaded with Corbon DPX laying here next to keyboard at present.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I have read that most people like the LCP over the P3at, but if mine turns out to be a POS, I will probably trade for the kel-tec. I had wanted a P3at for the last few years, but I decided on the Ruger after they were introduced.

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
My wife bought me a LCP for our anniversary back in June. I have had no problems with it.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
East Texas Pawn here in Lufkin gets one & it is gone in a couple of days. He does not have a waiting list.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yah, the Sportsman's Warehouse here gets them every once and a while, but they said that they are basically being bought within hours of being put on display. They won't do a waiting list. I opted for the waiting list route, because I figured that I was pretty much guaranteed one that way sooner or later, rather than leaving it up to chance that I would walk into a shop that has one in stock. I have yet to see one in stock at any of the gun stores around here.

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
my shooting pard bought one a couple/three weeks ago.
hundred rounds so far and no hick-ups

It's hard for me to get excited over tiny pocket autos, personally.
But I liked it better than my other friends Kel-tec
(which i didn't think much of)

I don't know whether his KT was old, new or in between model, but it wouldn't feed reliably and pinched the devil out of my trigger finger.
I handed it back to him after the second jam in less than 12 rounds and suggested he'd be better off with a hand full of rocks....

BTW, my shooting pard had to pay a premium price for his Ruger
(and he's a FFL holder)
He's already got his recall notice too

..L.T.A.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.