1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Olmpic Arms opinions.Asked this question on another site and got a few responses. So I thought I'd check here. I'm new to 1911s but after trying a brand new Springer I've traded my Glock 37 for a High Standard to get me aquainted with the 1911's workings and plan on doing some practice changes on it parts and Duracoat or one of the bake on finishes and probably make it a truck gun. My next investment would be something a bit nicer.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
In my Opinion Pass

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I agree with Bud...there are far better options for a good 1911.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Olympic Arms Pistols

I currently own an Olympic Arms AR-15.

I have not had any problems with it and when I have had questions OA was very helpful.

I have shot a couple of the 1911 pistols and would like to by a Westerner model 1911 however, the factory says they are a year behind and they want to be paid when you order the pistol.

My opinion is that they make a very good 1911 pistol but htey are difficult to find. Opinion based on firing about 500 rounds through 2 of their government model 1911's.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I bought one of thier AR's and would never buy anything from them again. I traded it off for a 1911 and went home to lick my wounds, MK

G

·
My first post here folk's. I just had to reply to the Oly Arms question

Olympic Arms for rifles and pistols are better know as Safari Arms. I have known Safari Arms since the late 70's. In 1996 there was an article written about a comparison between a Oly Arms and Colt. Well Oly arms was on top.

I own two of their rifles 1 in .223 and 7.62x39. I have 4 of their pistols; I bought the parts and put them together myself. I think that for the money, Safari Arms are the best. Also I think that the higher end pistols are great, but you are paying to much for the name.

Oly Arms have one of the best pistol smiths around, Richard former Detonics has work there for many years now and you can always call to talk to him about your issues with Safari Arms.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well *I* have a Safari Matchmaster frame, which was oversized and never been mated. Currently it has a Fusion slide on it, and is only used for .45 Super. Bit of work into it, and a bit to follow. I love mine.
b-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts