1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went nosing around one shop I frequent and found what looks like an older Springfeild.

It looks like it either came with or had some custom work done on it later as it had the following:

Tritium Sights with front mounted with a dove tail cut.

Aluminum trigger with O.T. stop screw.

Commander type hammer and beavertail grip safety but not upswept.

It also had some type of black baked on finish on all the metal except the barrel, sights and the thumb safety.

No front serrations on the slide.

And unlike newer frames I could not find any Made In Brazil stamped on the pistol.

I seem to recall a few years back SA Inc. offering various color coating options on their pistols. Finsh and general over all condition is pretty sharp looking.

Anyone have an idea what the going rate it is on one of these?

They got it marked for $395.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Please tell me the shop is in St. Louis, Mo...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Please tell me the shop is in St. Louis, Mo...
I`m hoping the shop is somewhere in SW Michigan. My initial reaction is that this gem may have a new home soon.....Unless there is something seriously wrong with it.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
i would buy it as long as they will let you field strip and check it out and it checks ok firing would be good too

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys.:wavey:

I'll be checking it out some more tomorrow. And sorry to dissapoint but the shop is in NW Arkansas.

BTW- If there is trouble with the gun this shop will stand behind what it sells. There are only 2 shops here that I do regular business with and this is one of them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it's now spoken for as I slapped some money down on it.

So, in around 30days they'll be a range report on her.:wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts