1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few times I was a bit hard on Fusion (this forum and on another) based on the finish of some parts I ordered from them. Through all of it, though, I have only heard positive things about them from people ordering complete firearms, though.

So when I decided to get a dedicated frame for my Marvel Unit 1, I decided that I would go with Fusion. At first I was thinking about trying to get DW to sell me a frame only, but to customize it the way I wanted, would cost more than I would like to spend on a range gun (not to mention the cost of the Marvel Unit 1).

I ordered about a month ago, and picked it up last week from my FFL. Fit and finish are very good, and the customer service through the entire project was excellent. Actually, with the exception of the work I had done with EGW, it was the best customer service I have ever experienced with any firearms company. I would honestly have to say that the two companies would actually be equal in the amount of effort they put in having a satisfied customer. When I picked up the gun, there were no grip screws (I did not order grips with them, just the grip screw bushings and screws). The grip screws were not there, so I emailed Bob that night (Friday). That night I got a reply, and today (Wednesday) they were with the mail along with a hex wrench and another set of bushings.

I have not taken it to the range yet, but I put some snap caps in the mag, and the trigger is fantastic; even the guy at the gun store when I picked it up was impressed by it... and nothing really impresses him anymore.

Here is the work order:
Government sized 1911 frame with serrated front strap
Install Plunger tube Carbon
Install Ejector
Pin Set
Mag catch Kit installed
Ed Brown Arched Serrated MSH and blend to frame
Gripscrews/bushings HEX Blue Installed
Trigger group with Pro-Carry hammer and Solid
Trigger group install and tune to 3.5 - 4.0 LB
Extended Thimb safety Extended, install and fit
Beavertail grip safety, install and fit
Blend and dehorn all, matte finish all
Black Oxide matte all

The only two things I would improve upon are 1) the thumb safety is a bit soft. This is a range gun, though, so I'm not at all concerned about it. If it was a carry gun, I'd have the postive indent notched. 2) the mag release button is not 100% flush on the mag catch screw side. Again, minor thing, and I would not go to a gunsmith just for that, but if I get a few extra bucks, it is something I might have done the next time I have an order with EGW for other work.

Overall, I am very happy, and they would be in the top 5 choices if I get another 1911. Also, I would not hesitate to recommend them to anybody else.

Anywho, here are the pics. I put the set of Sarge's grips that were on my DW on because I think it actually looks better on the dark frame. Now I just need to get new grips for the .45.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just an update... after working both mags in and out, the mag catch now sits flat. I don't think it was the mags, because I had used them with the Marvel kit on my DW while I was waiting for the Fusion frame. Oh well, don't know what it was, but I'm happy it looks better now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.